How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Road accident claims in Stockton-on-Tees

    The first thing you ought to do if you are thinking of making road accident claims in Stockton-on-Tees is find out whether or not you are even entitled to seek compensation.

    What to consider when making road accident claims in Stockton-on-Tees

    Many people think that as long as they have been injured in an accident then they will be awarded compensation; however, this is not strictly the case. There are certain things that need to be taken into consideration in order for your claim to go ahead.

    When did the accident occur?

    One of the first things that need to be considered is when the accident itself occurred. This is important because most road accident claims in Stockton-on-Tees have to be initiated within three years of the date of the accident occurring. Anything after this and it is likely that it will be too late for you to make a claim and secure the compensation you could have been entitled to.

    Of course, like with many things, there are some situations in which this time limit does not apply. Most notably if you were a minor at the time of the accident (i.e. under the age of 18) then you have the right to start a claim in the three years following your 18th Birthday. This means that if your accident occurred when you were 11, you have to wait until you are 18 to make a claim, but it must be made by your 21st Birthday.

    Although the three year rule applies to industrial diseases and other such medical conditions, the clock does not start ticking until the diagnosis is made. This is because it is often impossible to ascertain precisely when the condition started.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Who was at fault?

    In order to make road accident claims in Stockton-on-Tees there must be someone to claim against. This means that your accident must have been the fault of someone else.

    If you think you might have been liable for the accident then you should seek advice from your solicitor and allow them to make a decision as to the best course of action. You can call us on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to find out more.

    How badly were you injured?

    It is also worth considering the nature of your injuries and whether or not they were serious enough to warrant compensation. A slight cut or graze is not going to be worth a legal process; however, a broken leg would be.

    Why not take our 30-second test today to find out how much you could be entitled to receive as part of your road traffic accident claims in Stockton-on-Tees.

    Date Published: 9th June 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.