Personal Injury Solicitors
Personal injury solicitors in Shropshire might have found themselves busier than usual in the first quarter of 2013. The late winter weather hit drivers in Shropshire hard — both experienced and newly qualified alike. Nestling as it does on the border with North Wales, Shropshire drivers tend to get the brunt of that snowy blizzard arctic weather that blows in from the north and settles on the Welsh Mountains. Welsh hill farmers especially suffered, with many of their flocks being buried in drifts. Farmers and locals were out in the worst of the weather, extracting the animals from underneath the snow.
Blizzard Conditions Increase the Dangers of Driving
Personal injury solicitors in Shropshire know only too well the hazards of driving in reduced visibility in freezing conditions. Those drivers who have been caught up in a road traffic accident that was not their fault and been injured in an accident may be looking to start a claim. Accident Advice Helpline can help any claimant looking for personal injury solicitors in Shropshire. If there isn’t one locally, we can source one further afield.
Reasons for Choosing Accident Advice Helpline
There are many reasons to choose Accident Advice Helpline to handle your claim:
- We have available expertise from our network of 200 solicitors around the country, so if you don’t know one locally then we can recommend someone for you;
- We are one of the leading compensation specialist law firms in the UK, with over 15 years’ experience in personal injury claims law;
- We handle over 25,000 enquiries per month and pay out around £30 million a year to claimants, to help them get back on their feet and their lives back on track;
- We are endorsed by Esther Rantzen, consumer champion and media personality; and
- We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Take our 30-second online test now to see if you can claim, or speak to our friendly, helpful advisors on 0800 689 0500 and ask about personal injury solicitors in Shropshire, and how much your claim might be worth.
Drive Safely in Bad Conditions
There are various steps you can take to ensure that you are driving safely and minimising your chances of suffering from an accident, including:
- Keep your windscreen wash bottle well topped up and check it regularly, as you clean your windscreen more often in bad weather;
- Make sure your tyres are in good condition and the pressure is right for driving on ice;
- Winter tyres and snow chains can be an essential investment, especially in hilly areas;
- Check your headlights, foglights and brake lights regularly; and
- Keep emergency and survival items including a fully charged mobile phone, drinking water, dry snacks, a blanket, a shovel, a warning triangle and extra clothing.
The best way to stay safe is to postpone your journey if you can. If you absolutely must go out, tell friends and family your route and what time you are expected at destination. That way, if you are completely stranded, they may be able to get help out to you.
Remember that in times of prolonged freak weather, the emergency services are stretched to the limit, so make sure that you don’t become yet another problem for them. Plan your journey carefully and responsibly, and don’t take unnecessary risks.
Date Published: 12th September 2013
Author: David Brown
Road Traffic Accident stats for Shropshire
Accident at Work stats for Shropshire
|Non Fatal Injuries||420||373||390|