How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury lawyer in Southend

    What you should know about claiming compensation for criminal injuries

    Being hurt in an accident can be a very traumatic experience and it’s even worse when you’ve been injured as a result of a criminal act. An accident is never pleasant, but being intentionally hurt by someone else is even worse.

    Thankfully there is a way to claim compensation after such a crime. Call a personal injury lawyer Southend for free advice and find out what your options are.

    My attacker hasn’t been identified. How can I receive compensation?

    In a typical accident, your claim for compensation will be against the person who was at fault. Compensation claims for criminal injuries are a little different especially when you don’t know who the attacker is.

    The criminal injuries claims in the UK are handled by CICA (short for Criminal Injuries Compensation Agency). It is an organization which will review your case and decide whether you should receive compensation for your injuries or not.

    How do I start a claim with my personal injury lawyer Southend?

    The process of claiming compensation from CICA is more complicated than usual. This is why it is always a good idea to hire a specialist personal injury lawyer Southend who will work on your case on a no win no fee basis.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How do I know if I’m eligible to receive compensation?

    You can claim compensation for your injuries if you were the victim, a witness or if you got hurt by trying to stop the attacker. However, CICA has some rules which they use to determine who is eligible for compensation and who isn’t.

    For example, you have to have been injured in England, Wales or Scotland and your injuries must be serious enough for you to qualify for at least £1,000 which is the minimum you can receive. You should also make sure you report the crime to the police.

    How much time do I have to start a claim for compensation?

    This is another one of CICA’s rules. You should apply for compensation within 2 years of the crime. However, it is always recommended to do it as quickly as possible.

    Will I have to attend court?

    Most of the time, the criminal injuries compensation claims are handled over the phone so you will probably not have to go to court at all. Starting a criminal injury compensation claim can be very easy if you decide to put your trust in a personal injury lawyer Southend and increase your chances of winning.

    If you have more questions on this topic, do not hesitate to call Accident Advice Helpline 24/7 on 0800 689 0500 from your land-line or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile phone.

    If it would be more convenient for you to be contacted by a professional instead of calling, text ‘CLAIM365’ to 88010

    Date Published: 31st May 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.