A personal injury lawyer in Relubbus deals with all the hassle and fuss involved in a work-related injury compensation claim so you don’t have to
Every single employer in the UK has a legal duty to make sure that the health and safety of their staff is completely protected when they are working. There are many health and safety laws instilled by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), which is the governing body when it comes to health and safety at the workplace, each of which have to be followed.
If an employer fails to do this and you have had a work-related accident in which you have been injured through no fault of your own, your injuries needed medical assistance and the accident happened in the last three years, then a personal injury lawyer in Relubbus will be able to help you with your claim for personal injury compensation.
There are quite a few health and safety laws, and your employer has to follow every single one of them. Here are just an example of the most important ones:
- There have to be emergency procedures in place, and all employees have to know these procedures;
- There has to be a health and safety policy that all employees should know, and they should make sure that they follow it;
- There have to be fire drills carried out regularly;
- You have to have enough space in which to work comfortably without twisting and turning around excessively;
- All plant and equipment must be in proper working order;
- Safety guards must be fitted to all equipment where required;
- Employees must be trained to use the plant and equipment, and employers must make sure they are aware of any risks;
- All walkways must be kept free of spillages and obstructions;
- Employers must make sure that employees have proper breaks;
- Protective clothing or equipment needed to do your job must be provided for free;
- A record of all accidents must be kept in an accident book;
- All serious accidents must be reported to the HSE; and
- Risk assessments must be carried out, and employers must act on their findings.
If you would like to find out more details, have a look on the HSE’s user-friendly website. There are also all of the laws pertaining to specific trades that all employers of that trade should follow on the website. If they fail to comply to these laws and someone gets hurt because of it, then the employer could end up being prosecuted by the HSE.
Making a work-related claim could not be easier when using a a personal injury lawyer in Relubbus at Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline have been working for people just like you all over the country, from all walks for life, for over 15 years’ now, getting them the compensation they deserve. Our amazing team of advisors and lawyers are the best in their field for getting all the information needed from you to make sure that you get the highest amount of compensation possible for your injury.
Contact us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 (mobile) today for your personal injury lawyer in Relubbus.