Personal injury lawyer in Purleigh


Personal injury lawyer in Purleigh

Every employer has a legal responsibility to protect the welfare and safety of their employees while they are at work. There are laws, rules and regulations they have to follow, all laid down by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), who monitor them looking for signs of non-compliance. If employers do not comply then they can be heavily fined, and in the worst cases a prison sentence can even be given.

If you have an accident at work in which you are injured, and it happened because of your employer’s negligence, then you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim using a personal injury lawyer in Purleigh.

It is not hard to comply

Most of the health and safety rules are common sense — things that the majority of employers would do anyway. For example:

  • Provide free of charge any protective clothing or equipment that is needed for staff to do their job safely;
  • Keep a record of all accidents in an accident book;
  • Report serious accidents to the HSE;
  • Carry out risk assessments;
  • Put procedures in place in case of an emergency such as a fire, and make sure that all employees know what they are;
  • Carry out regular fire drills;
  • Ensure staff have enough space in which to work comfortably without having to constantly twist or squeeze in areas to do your job;
  • Ensure that all plant and equipment is in proper working order, and that any safety devices needed are fitted;
  • Train staff to use the plant and equipment and make sure they are aware of any risks;
  • Keep walks free of spillages and obstructions; and
  • Make sure staff have proper breaks — a rested employee is far less likely to have an accident.

Employees need to be responsible as well, for example making sure that they wear protective clothing provided, use safety devices fitted and comply with the businesses health and safety policy. If everyone does as they should, there may be no need to make a personal injury compensation claim.

Making a work-related claim with Accident Advice Helpline

If you need to make a work-related injury claim, contact Accident Advice Helpline. For over 15 years, we have been helping workers and other victims get the compensation to which they were entitled. We have assisted many thousands of claimants with their personal injury compensation claims, making the process easy and efficient for them.

Call our helpline on 0800 180 4123 to speak to one of our friendly advisors. They are professionals who will guide you through the processes and make the whole experience a lot less stressful for you.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )