Personal injury lawyer in Purleigh
Every employer has a legal responsibility to protect the welfare and safety of their employees while they are at work. There are laws, rules and regulations they have to follow, all laid down by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), who monitor them looking for signs of non-compliance. If employers do not comply then they can be heavily fined, and in the worst cases a prison sentence can even be given.
If you have an accident at work in which you are injured, and it happened because of your employer’s negligence, then you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim using a personal injury lawyer in Purleigh.
It is not hard to comply
Most of the health and safety rules are common sense — things that the majority of employers would do anyway. For example:
- Provide free of charge any protective clothing or equipment that is needed for staff to do their job safely;
- Keep a record of all accidents in an accident book;
- Report serious accidents to the HSE;
- Carry out risk assessments;
- Put procedures in place in case of an emergency such as a fire, and make sure that all employees know what they are;
- Carry out regular fire drills;
- Ensure staff have enough space in which to work comfortably without having to constantly twist or squeeze in areas to do your job;
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is in proper working order, and that any safety devices needed are fitted;
- Train staff to use the plant and equipment and make sure they are aware of any risks;
- Keep walks free of spillages and obstructions; and
- Make sure staff have proper breaks — a rested employee is far less likely to have an accident.
Employees need to be responsible as well, for example making sure that they wear protective clothing provided, use safety devices fitted and comply with the businesses health and safety policy. If everyone does as they should, there may be no need to make a personal injury compensation claim.
Making a work-related claim with Accident Advice Helpline
If you need to make a work-related injury claim, contact Accident Advice Helpline. For over 15 years, we have been helping workers and other victims get the compensation to which they were entitled. We have assisted many thousands of claimants with their personal injury compensation claims, making the process easy and efficient for them.
Call our helpline on 0800 180 4123 to speak to one of our friendly advisors. They are professionals who will guide you through the processes and make the whole experience a lot less stressful for you.