Working with a personal injury lawyer in Pentonville
There isn’t one employer out there that can get around not having a safe workplace for their employees, and they have to follow every single health and safety regulation that is in place in Great Britain, or they could end up with one of their employees getting injured in a work related accident. If an employee gets injured, they should contact a personal injury lawyer in Pentonville to process their claim for compensation.
There are so many different types of health and safety rules that an employer has to make sure is implemented in their workplace. Here are some of the most important that could mean something to you. Are you sure that your employer follows every single one? Why don’t you check and see below:
- They must have plans in place that all employees know of in case there is an emergency.
- They must have rules for general health and safety in the workplace that all of the employees know and that they will implement them.
- They must have fire drills on a regular basis.
- They must have to have enough space for all of the employees to work comfortably without too much twisting and turning.
- They must make sure that all of the equipment in the work place is in working order and follows all health and safety laws.
- They must make sure that all of the guards are fitted with the equipment required.
- They must train all employees to use all equipment and they must be completely sure that the employee is completely aware of any risks and how to avoid them.
- They must keep all walking areas free of spillages and obstructions.
- They must make sure that the employee has proper breaks.
- They must provide the employee free of charge for any protective clothing or equipment needed for the employee to do their job.
- They must keep record of any accidents that happen in the workplace in an accident book.
- They must report any serious accidents to the HSE (Health and Safety Executive).
Making a claim for compensation
If you need to find out more information on health and safety regulations you can go on to the HSE user friendly website. It has all the information on the specific trade rules that all employers of that trade have to know and implement. If there is an employer out there that has failed to follow these rules they could have a compensation claim taken out against them by a injured employee. Additionally, they could be penalised and prosecuted by HSE. In these circumstances, you may need a personal injury lawyer in Pentonville.
To find out more about working with a personal injury lawyer in Pentonville, call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.