Accident Advice Helpline can provide you with a personal injury lawyer in Northleach
Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we can provide local residents with a personal injury lawyer in Northleach. We have the knowledge and experience within our network of over 200 solicitors to deal with any sort of injury claim, including those that need raising following explosions due to gas leaks.
The dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning
In terms of fatalities relating to gas safety, more deaths are caused by carbon monoxide (CO) rather than gas explosions. Rising awareness of the dangers of CO poisoning has led to several initiatives being considered. These include:
- The fitting of audible CO detection alarms;
- Improved training for emergency gas service personnel;
- Redundancy of old open flu appliances;
- Introduction of the home energy rating scheme; and
- Raising awareness of CO poisoning symptoms.
Getting help from a personal injury lawyer in Northleach at Accident Advice Helpline
Gas explosions are catastrophic events that often cause fatalities, and they can also result in serious injury to nearby neighbours and passersby, too. If you’ve been injured because of a gas explosion in someone else’s nearby property, you will probably be eligible for compensation, and here at Accident Advice Helpline we can provide a personal injury lawyer in Northleach who can help you to make a compensation claim.
Gas health and safety
In its natural state, natural gas is a colourless and odourless material. However, from a health and safety point of view, an odour is added to aid detection. Here are a couple of things for which you can look out that could indicate there is an indoor gas leak:
- An odour similar to rotten eggs; and
- Strange noises coming from any gas equipment.
In terms of an outdoor gas leak, warning signs include:Open Claim Calculator
- Dirt or debris being blown into the air;
- Wet areas on the ground that exhibit persistence bubbling; and
- Discoloured vegetation near a gas pipeline.
If you think you have detected a gas leak, you should remember these important safety tips:
- Don’t try to turn the gas valve on or off;
- Don’t activate or deactivate any electrical switches;
- Do not use any electrical devices;
- Do not smoke or expose any naked flame; and
- Do not start any nearby machinery, including cars.
Estimating how much compensation you could be awarded
To get an estimate of how much compensation could be awarded for an injury relating to a gas incident, you can use the compensation calculator on our website’s homepage. It only takes 30 seconds of your time. If you do decide to use our no win no fee* services, as recommended by people’s consumer champion Esther Rantzen, your claim will be in good hands with our highly trained teams of advisors and legal professionals.
If you have any questions or concerns about a personal injury claim you are considering raising, the best thing to do is to chat to one of our experienced advisers via our free helpline. You can access this from any landline by calling 0800 689 0500, or from your mobile by ringing 0333 500 0993.