Fallen flat on your face? Let an expert personal injury lawyer in Newtown put your claim on the right path
Accidents which involve falling over are a common cause of injuries being sustained, particularly to the elderly and infirm. They can be left with devastating injuries, which may require surgical intervention or long term therapy in order to regain mobility and movement. It is important to realise that not all accidents are caused by your own fault. Often, accidents occur as a result of the negligence of some one else and are not attributable to your own actions, but the failure of others in their duty to ensure your safety and well being. Talk to our personal injury lawyer in Newtown about claiming.
Suffered a fall?
Falls can occur unexpectedly as a result of:
- insufficient or poor lighting. Areas of high pedestrian traffic in confined spaces such as staircases and passageways can mean that lighting is insufficient to see clearly, causing falls to occur.
- lack of hand rails. Hand rails are essential wherever there are steps or a change in the height of the floor. Hand rails need to be provided both externally and internally in buildings and entrance ways to ensure that people can raise and lower themselves safely between levels.
- unstable flooring. Flooring should be dry, sound, fixed, level and stable. Uneven and unsound material such as grit or gravel can cause falls to occur as they can be slippery under foot. Wet, highly polished and slippery flooring is extremely dangerous and can cause falls to occur.
- communal areas should be kept clear of obstacles to avoid potential falls.
- wires and cabling should be routed close to walls and attached using ducting to avoid causing potential falls over trailing wiring.
Injuries caused by falls
Falls can cause painful and devastating injuries, many of which may be life changing.
Typical injuries may include:
- lacerations and cuts
- soft tissue injury such as sprains and strains
- internal injuries and internal bleeding
- broken, fractured or dislocated bones
- neck injury
- head injury
- spinal injury
- fatal injury
Making your personal injury compensation claim
If you have been the victim of an accident involving a fall that was caused through no fault of your own within the last 3 years and been injured as a result, then you may be entitled to pursue a personal injury compensation claim for your injuries.Open Claim Calculator
Call the leading experts, Accident Advice Helpline and speak to one of their highly trained and helpful telephone advisors. Our telephone helpline is open to answer your call and provide no-obligation advice about making a no-win, no-fee* personal injury compensation claim.
Our personal injury lawyer in Newtown will handle all aspects of your no-win, no-fee* personal injury compensation claim on your behalf, through to it’s successful conclusion. Call us now on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.