Suffered from the distress of food poisoning? You need help from an expert personal injury lawyer in Newmarket!
Food poisoning is a distressing,embarrassing and often unreported condition. Many victims of this violent condition often decide not to bother seeking a medical opinion and suffer in silence. This is not only fool hardy, but also potentially life threatening, if it goes untreated.
If you, or some one close to you, has suffered from food poisoning through no fault of your own within the last 3 years’, then you are legally entitled to pursue a personal injury compensation claim for your condition.
What is food poisoning?
Food poisoning is defined as the consumption of foods that have become contaminated with bacteria, viruses or even parasites. These are extremely hazardous to health once consumed.
What are the symptoms of this condition?
The symptoms are often violent, leaving the victim totally unprepared for the progressive development of this debilitating condition.
- Stomach cramps
- Head ache
How long does it take for this condition to develop?
Food poisoning often develops rapidly and symptoms can start suddenly without prior warning. Usually food poisoning symptoms develop within 6-24 hours, following the consumption of contaminated foods.
What types of foods can cause food poisoning?
Certain types of food are more commonly associated with the development of food poisoning. These types of foods tend to be:
- Ready to eat foods that do not require re-heating prior to consumption such as pate, smoked salmon, sea food, soft cheeses, ready to eat convenience foods such as pasta and sandwiches cause a risk of Listeria bacterial food poisoning
- Chicken that is under cooked or not re-heated sufficiently causes a risk of Salmonella or Campylobacter bacterial food poisoning
- Eggs that are raw or under cooked cause a risk of Salmonella bacterial food poisoning
- Untreated water is a common cause of Campylobacter and Salmonella bacterial food poisoning
- Unpasteurised milk and milk based products can cause Listeria bacterial food poisoning
What about viral food poisoning?
Viruses can also cause food poisoning to develop. Norovirus is one of the most common causes of viral food poisoning. This is transmitted from human to human and spread to food through cross contamination.
Cross contamination is caused by:
- Poor hygiene practices
- Poor storage of foods
- Unclean surfaces and utensils
How do I make a claim using a personal injury lawyer Newmarket?
Call the leading experts in processing personal injury compensation claims, Accident Advice Helpline. This well established and highly regarded law firm can provide you with no obligation advice and information over the phone.
If you choose, their personal injury lawyer in Newmarket can handle all aspects of your personal injury compensation claim on your behalf on a no win no fee* basis.
Why not try their unique 30 second online test for yourself today?
Date Published: 24th February 2014