Road traffic accidents are one of the most common types of accident that occur on our roads every single day of the year. In fact, the casualties that result from road traffic accidents account for a large number of admissions to Accident and Emergency departments throughout the country. If you have suffered in a road traffic accident and you need a personal injury lawyer in Newmachar, talk to us today.
Road traffic accidents vary in their severity. The injuries that are sustained in these types of accidents can range from simple lacerations and whiplash through to loss of limbs and even fatalities.
What are the causes of road traffic accidents?
- Failure by road users to look adequately before manoeuvring.
- Driving without due care and attention.
- Driving whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving recklessly.
- Driving at excessive speeds for the road and weather conditions.
- Failing to indicate and make your intentions known to other road users in good time.
- Failing to comply with road markings and road signs.
- Failing to stop at stop junctions and traffic lights.
- Driving too close to the vehicles in front.
- Failing to stop in time, causing rear end shunts.
Injuries caused by road traffic accidents
Common injuries caused by these types of accidents include:
- Lacerations and bruising
- Internal injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Soft tissue injuries
- Neck injuries
- Broken, fractured or dislocated bones
- Spinal injuries
- Facial injuries
- Head injuries
- Brain injuries
- Fatal injuries
At the scene of a road traffic accident
If you are involved in a road traffic accident, whether or not it was caused through your own fault, it is your legal duty to:
- Stop at the scene.
- Check for any casualties and offer first aid.
- Seek assistance from the emergency services.
- Exchange personal, vehicle and insurance details with other parties involved in the accident.
- Make the scene safe for other road users by switching off engines, switching on hazard lights, directing the traffic, observing casualties and reporting the emergency.
How do you know if you can make a claim for compensation using a personal injury lawyer in Newmachar?
The law states that if you are injured as the result of an accident that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years’, then you are legally entitled to pursue a personal injury compensation claim.Open Claim Calculator
If you are looking for a personal injury lawyer in Newmachar, we can help you. To find out more about your legal entitlement to make a compensation claim, call us – the leading experts, Accident Advice Helpline. Our law firm has been established since 2000 and provides a team of highly trained and friendly telephone advisors to answer any queries that you may have. Our telephone helpline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your call. All you need to do is dial 0800 689 0500. In addition, we offer the services of a highly experienced personal injury lawyer in Scotland to ensure that your claim is processed with accountability, integrity and reliability on your behalf.
All claims at Accident Advice Helpline are taken on a no-win, no-fee* basis, so do not let finances stop you making a claim as you will not need any money for the work to be started, or if you claim is not won.