How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury lawyer in Markfield

    Personal injury lawyer in Markfield

    Unfortunately, we now live in a time where violent crimes are getting more common. The consequences of these crimes can be devastating, and victims should make personal injury claims using a personal injury lawyer in Markfield at Accident Advice Helpline. 

    A personal injury lawyer in Markfield will have to deal with the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA) for your injury claim

    The Criminal Injury Compensation Scheme is administered by CICA, who are funded by the government. They recognise that no amount of money can compensate you for the injuries you have received, but they see it as recognition of public sympathy for your situation. If you were injured in a violent crime that was not your fault, you may be entitled to make a criminal injuries compensation claim using a personal injury lawyer in Markfield.

    They are the last resort

    CICA expect you to have tried to get your compensation from the guilty party, if you know who it is. If you do not, or the guilty party does not have the means by which to settle your claim, then CICA will step in providing you fit somewhere in the following rules:

    • You sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing, or being involved in the immediate aftermath, of an incident in which a loved one was injured;
    • You are the qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence;
    • The incident in question was reported to the police;
    • You were not at fault for the violent crime;
    • You sustained your injury while taking an exceptional and justified risk in trying to prevent or remedy a crime;
    • You helped the police with their enquiries;
    • You needed medical attention for your injuries;
    • The incident should have happened within the last two years, unless you were a minor when the rules are slightly different; and
    • You should be a UK citizen or an EU national with a right to be in the UK.

    The things for which the scheme will pay

    The scheme will make payments for several things. The amounts payable for injuries are decided by Parliament. You can claim for:

    • Loss of earnings;
    • Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency;
    • Funeral costs;
    • Personal injury following a single incident;
    • Personal injury following a period of abuse; and
    • Special expense payments to cover injury-related needs which are not free of charge anywhere else.

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we can help with your criminal injury claim

    Accident Advice Helpline have much experience in dealing with criminal injury compensation claims. We have the expertise you need to make the whole process stress-free, quick and efficient, to get your compensation sooner rather than later.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Call our helpline on 0800 180 4123. You will find that our friendly advisors are compassionate and will treat your claim with the respect it deserves. After a chat with them, you will be under no obligation to proceed unless you want to.

    Date Published: 1st March 2014

    Author: matthew

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.