How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury lawyer in Market Drayton

    Personal injury lawyer in Market Drayton

    Accidents can happen at any place and any time, it does not matter where you are or what you are doing. You may be travelling or visiting friends, or going to a wedding – an accident could happen to anyone at any time. If accidents do happen, and someone causes other people to be injured, the injured parties may want to make personal injury compensation claims with the help of a personal injury lawyer in Market Drayton.

    What is third party insurance cover?

    Most accidents that happen will involve dealing with an insurance company somewhere along the line. Your personal injury lawyer in Market Drayton can deal with these for you.

    The majority of policies include what is called third party cover. This is the portion of the premium that pays for the eventuality of someone making a personal injury claim against you if you have caused an accident in which they were injured.

    Victims often put off making claims because of the financial effect on the guilty party. They don’t want to sue their boss for damages because they think it might cause the business to cease trading, for example, or they won’t sue their doctor because of the amount they think they will have to find to cover the settlement. But it is very rare that there is not insurance to cover the compensation and any related costs – some of the policies are a legal requirement, and others are taken by choice of the insured.

    What are the legal requirements?

    The two main insurances that are a legal requirement are employers’ liability and motor insurance.

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Employer’s liability insurers – Most employers are legally required to have this insurance. There are a few exceptions, such as government departments, but generally all employers will be covered by a policy if an employee is injured in an accident at work.
    • Motor insurers – It is illegal to drive any sort of motorised vehicle on roads in the UK without at least having third party insurance. If the guilty party turns out to be uninsured, the claim would be referred to the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB). This is an organisation funded by insurance companies who offer motor insurance and pay the compensation claims for innocent victims of accidents where there is a lack of cover.

    Using a personal injury lawyer in Market Drayton for dealing with the insurance companies

    Other types of insurance include product liability, professional indemnity and public liability, so most situations one way or another are covered. Insurance companies are just not that easy with which to deal for the uninitiated. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, though, we deal with them all the time so it’s no problem for us to sort your claim with them.

    The Accident Advice Helpline solicitors are used to dealing with insurance companies, know how to complete their paperwork and answer their awkward questions. They have the experience and knowledge needed to make the whole process easy for you, and will give you as little hassle as possible while ensuring that every aspect of your claim is examined to maximise your compensation.

    Contact our helpline on 0800 689 0500 and let us take it from there.

    Date Published: 1st March 2014

    Author: matthew

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.