Personal injury lawyer in Lytchett Minster
Distractions can be very dangerous things. For example, if you are out riding your bicycle and the views distract you or another road user, the result can be a nasty accident and, if it was not your fault, could result in a personal injury compensation claim using the personal injury lawyer in Lytchett Minster. The distraction might not be the views; a car driver might be trying to change a CD or tune his radio, and although it’s illegal, he might even be talking on his mobile phone.
How to reduce the risks of injury so reducing the risk of using the personal injury lawyer in Lytchett Minster
There are some things you can do to try and reduce the risks, because as a cyclist, you are very vulnerable to serious injury in the event of an accident. Things like:
- Do not ride next to another rider making it difficult for vehicles to overtake you
- If you are passing parked cars, leave enough room for the door to be opened without smashing into you
- A well fitting, good quality safety helmet is important. These do not give as much protection as a motorbike helmet, but are better than nothing to try and protect your head
- Make sure your bike is properly looked after, taking extra care with lights and brakes
- Have a good knowledge of the Highway Code
- Knee and elbow protectors will help with these particular joints
- Wear good, sturdy cycling shoes to try to prevent broken bones in your feet
- Wear bright clothing, preferably high visibility so that other road users are more aware of you
Following the above tips might not stop an accident, but will hopefully reduce the severity of the injuries and may mean you will not need to use the personal injury lawyer in Lytchett Minster.
The injuries sustained from serious cycling accidents
You are very exposed when out cycling and hopefully, if you do come off your cycle you will have no more than a few cuts and bruises. However, there are some very nasty injuries that can happen resulting in the need to make an injury claim. If you survive the accident, you could have brain injuries, a damaged spine, or any number of less serious injuries.
Accident Advice Helpline can help you to make an injury claim
Accident Advice Helpline has been helping cyclists for over 15 years. We have handled many cases of personal injury compensation for cycle riders, unfortunately some of them have been fatalities and we have helped the bereaved families.
Our advisors are friendly, professional and have compassion, and they will understand what you are going through and will help you all they can. You can contact them on our freephone number, 0800 180 4123.
Date Published: 23rd February 2014