Be safe when riding a bike – personal injury lawyer in Lickfold
Riding a bike has many health benefits, as long as you are doing it safely. You should never go from cycling virgin to commuting to work every day on a bike. You will need a little more training and confidence before you are ready to hit the main roads and be completely safe tackling traffic and more difficult terrains. Here are some tips for staying safe on your bike.
- Use your senses. Make sure that you are aware and not distracted when you are on your bike. Don’t listen to an mp3 player, as it distracts you from the road and means that you can’t hear anything coming from behind you. Look carefully and listen out for any potential threats on the road.
- Ride with the traffic. Never ride against the flow of traffic as it can make it more difficult to manoeuvre, is illegal, and makes you more likely to be hit by a driver taking a turn, who will not be looking for something coming in the wrong direction.
- Signal. Never make a turn without signalling. A lot of people are unsure about signalling as it means taking their hands of the handlebars, and in some cases just doesn’t feel necessary. Understand that signalling is always necessary as it tells other road users what you are going to do, and stops them running into you.
- Follow signs and traffic lights. The lights and signs are for you just as much as other road users, so make sure that you follow them as well. Even if you see another cyclist ignoring signs, don’t let yourself become one of these cyclists.
- Be conspicuous. Obviously you don’t want to get in other people’s way, but at the same time you need to be visible to be completely safe.
Using a personal injury lawyer in Lickfold to claim for cycling injuries
If you have had an accident on your bike which was the fault of someone else on the road, and have sustained serious injuries because of this, then you may well be entitled to claim compensation back from this person.
Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience in the field of personal injury compensation claims, and can provide you with an experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyer in Lickfold to process your claim efficiently. Your personal injury lawyer in Lickfold will work on a 100% no win no fee basis to get you the compensation you deserve, and will also work on your behalf, so you shouldn’t have to go to court.
The helpline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 0800 689 0500, and the team will be more than happy to talk you through your experience and ensure that your case is likely to be successful before you decide to proceed.