Industrial illnesses and diseases can happen at any time. You should use a personal injury lawyer in Kirkintilloch to make a claim if you have developed one, and it was caused by the negligence of your employer.
Industrial illnesses and diseases
Your employer has a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employees in the workplace, and to ensure that they work in a safe environment. If this does not happen and you contract an industrial disease, then you may be able to make an injury claim with the help of a personal injury lawyer in Kirkintilloch. There are different types of industrial illnesses and diseases, such as:
- Repetitive strain injury – this can occur anywhere in the body when the same muscles are used again and again, it often develops in typists.
- Dermatitis – a skin problem
- Back injuries – often caused by heavy lifting without the proper training
- Vibration white finger – a problem with the fingers also known as dead finger and hand-arm vibration syndrome
- Asbestos related diseases – asbestos was used extensively in the second half of last century in construction and shipbuilding particularly. The dust from asbestos settles in the lungs the consequences are life threatening.
- Industrial deafness – this is caused by prolonged exposure to loud noises. Your employer should supply you with ear protection
- Dangerous chemicals and substances – if your job involves working with chemicals your employer should provide protective clothing and equipment.
Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline are one of the country’s leading specialist lawyers. We have been making successful claims for over 16 years, and we can give you the best help if you need a personal injury lawyer in Kirkintilloch.
We always work on a no-win, no-fee basis so you won’t be put under any additional financial pressure when you make a claim.
As for assessing your claim – this can be done with one phone call to one of our friendly advisors.
- You can claim if you were not to blame.
- You must have your illness or injury treated.
- You must start your claim within 3 years of your accident or within 3 years of your diagnosis of an industrial illness.
How to claim with a personal injury lawyer in Kirkintilloch
Claiming with Accident Advice Helpline is easy. All you have to do is speak to an advisor. They can give you help and advice and start your claim for you.
We have a freephone number which is 0800 689 0500 for landlines, or you can call from a mobile on 0333 500 0993. Our advice is always free, with no obligation to proceed with a claim, so why not call and get some advice?
Date Published: 20th February 2014