A stabbing attack in Duffield
It’s unfortunate that not that long ago a frenzied thug attacked a father to be and stabbed him to death in Duffield, England. It’s a sad fact that criminal attacks involving stabbing is on the rise. Thankfully, if you are the survivor of a stabbing, Accident Advice Helpline is trained and equipped to help you with a claim for compensation through a personal injury lawyer in Duffield.
Experiencing a stabbing
If you or someone around you has been stabbed, there are a range of points that you must remember. You will need to act quickly to ensure that you or the person does not lose too much blood or die from their injuries. Stabbings can happen for a number of reasons, from an attack or mugging to stupidly stabbing someone else by accident. You should always be vigilant around knives or other sharp objects to ensure that they are not used incorrectly which can cause fatal injuries.
The following are important points of how to cope in an attack situation:
- Try and properly assess the situation and keep in mind that if a stabbing has occurred as the result of an attack on another person, then the situation may still be tense and dangerous. So, by stepping in to help a victim, you may cause the situation to escalate which could put you or others in danger. If you are sure that the danger has passed then step in, but otherwise steer clear and simply phone for help – call the police and an ambulance.
- If someone else has been stabbed, check the victim’s airways. If they have been stabbed in the chest then the blood may be obstructing their airway. Even if not, you should check that they can breathe properly and don’t move them too much.
- Remove any clothing around the wound. You will need to access the wound properly, and this means removing any clothing. Cut any fabric or clothing with scissors if removing by hand is too difficult.
- If there is anything in the wound, leave it there. Removing any objects embedded in a wound can actually cause them to bleed more, and may even cause the death of the victim. Await the medical professionals.
- Try to apply pressure to the wound. This will stop the bleeding, or at least stem the flow until the emergency services get there. Use a cloth to do this.
Contact us if you require a personal injury lawyer in Duffield
If you are still unsure on whether to make a claim or not then the best place to start is online on Accident Advice Helpline’s website. Use the quick and easy 30 second test which will tell you in seconds if you can claim with a personal injury lawyer in Duffield. Accident Advice Helpline prides itself in offering friendly, free advice to anyone who has been in an accident or injury that was not their fault.
Once you have found out that you are eligible, using the accident claim calculator, it is then time to decide whether you would like to seek more advice from our personal injury lawyer in Duffield or proceed with your claim over the phone. Our professional, friendly advisers are available to take your call and offer you free advice. Call on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile and you will be guided through the next steps. To have an adviser call you back, text ‘CLAIM365’ to 88010.Open Claim Calculator