Cookham has been taken over with flooding
Cookham is unfortunately a prime location for bad weather. In the summer time, when the weather is red hot, Cookham also benefits from this. However, in winter months, when the weather is bad, Cookham experiences the issues that come with flooding first hand.
Driving in flooded streets can be extremely dangerous. Bad weather can often cause dangerous accidents. These accidents can be the fault of other vehicle drivers as often in bad weather, drivers don’t pay attention to hazards on the roads. It’s possible that if you have been involved in an accident which has been caused by torrential weather you could be able to make a claim for compensation through a personal injury lawyer in Cookham.
Important things to watch out for
It’s important to ensure that you follow safety procedures when driving in severe weather conditions or torrential rain and flooding:
- Checking the water level before driving through it is a very important check to make. It only takes 6” of water to reach the underside of an average car, which could cause the car to stall as water enters the exhaust pipe.
- Driving through the water very slowly in 1st or 2nd gear should always be done in flooded conditions. This helps revive the engine to expel water from the exhaust.
- Driving in the middle of a flooded road where the water is the shallowest should be done at all times. However, ensure you keep focused on the road as other cars may be doing the same.
- If the car starts to float and control is lost, open one of the doors straight away. This should hopefully allow some water into the car to weigh it down again and prevent it floating downstream.
- Don’t drive through the water if it is fast-flowing as the car could easily be swept away.
- Always test the brakes before leaving on your journey.
- Only travel when completely necessary.
Even if you have followed the above tips and you still require the help of a personal injury lawyer in Cookham, please get in touch with an adviser at Accident Advice Helpline.
Start your journey to compensation today with our personal injury lawyer in Cookham
Depending on the accident that you have been involved in, compensation payouts can be as much as up to £5000,000. An adviser at Accident Advice Helpline will help you with your compensation claim if you have experienced an injury through a weather-related accident that wasn’t your fault.
Our website provides various tips on how to successfully claim, so while you are here, please feel free to check it out. All of the information is provided to help you make a successful claim for compensation with our personal injury lawyer in Cookham and provide you with important information on the process.
Call us on 0800 689 0500 (landline) or 0333 500 0993 (mobile).
Date Published: 1st September 2014
Author: David Brown