Here at Accident Advice Helpline we find that there are some injuries that are especially common in personal injury compensation claims in Bromley. We deal with thousands of clients each year who are suffering from these injuries and we help them to get the compensation that they deserve after accidents that were not their own fault. Here we share with you the top 5 personal injuries.
Personal injury compensation claims in Bromley – top 5 injuries
- Whiplash. This is by the far the most common personal injury claim because it features so often in road traffic accidents. It is a soft tissue injury and is caused by the ligaments, tendons and muscles of the neck stretching beyond their normal range of movement. It causes neck stiffness and pain but can also cause headaches and numbness and pins and needles in the arms. It usually resolves in a few weeks but there is a ‘chronic whiplash’ syndrome which can last for months.
- Back injuries. The back (spine) is a complex arrangement of bones, muscles and nerves and they can all get damaged in an accident. The most serious spinal injuries are suffered in serious road traffic accidents and occupational accidents. Some back injuries are just a simple soft tissue injury and resolve within a few weeks. The most serious injuries involve the spinal cord being severed and this can result in permanent paralysis.
- Head injuries. Some very serious head injuries are seen in falls from a height. This is typical of workplace accidents and is often seen on construction sites or in any other type of work that takes place at a great height. Head injuries can be a simple concussion ranging through to life changing brain damage.
- Fractures. Any bone in the body can get broken but wrist and ankle fractures are probably more common. These are typical in slips, trips and falls in a public area where the floor surface was in a dangerous condition. Most fractures are treated with a cast but some require surgery.
- Lacerations. Occupational accidents often feature a severe cut or laceration. Workers that are required to use sharp tools are especially at risk. Employees working in manufacture, butchery and catering are all exposed to this type of hazard on a daily basis.
Making a claim with Accident Advice Helpline
We can help with a whole range of personal injury compensation claims in Bromley so why not give us a call to find out more. Call us on 0800 689 0500 from your landline or on 0333 500 0993 from your mobile. We are waiting to talk to you!
Date Published: 28th June 2015
Author: David Brown