UK employers have a legal duty to protect the welfare, health and safety of their employees while they are in the workplace and if they fail in this duty, they can face prosecution as well as employees making personal injury claims in Tonbridge and Malling. They need to follow health and safety guidelines as produced by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
The general rules to help avoid personal injury claims in Tonbridge and Malling
There are many rules that apply to all businesses, and then some that relate to particular trades. Your employer should be aware of them all; the general ones include such things as:
- Ensuring the employee has enough space to work without excessive twisting and turning
- Making sure all plant and equipment is in good working order and has any required safety guards fitted
- Training staff properly to use any plant and equipment
- Ensuring staff use the safety guards at all times
- Keeping all walkways free from spillages and obstructions
- Making sure employees take proper breaks
- Providing, free of charge, any protective clothing or equipment that staff need to do their job safely
- Having a health and safety policy and making sure all staff know its contents and implement its rules
- Having procedures in place in case of an emergency situation
- Carrying out risks assessments and acting upon their findings
- Keeping a record of all accidents no matter how minor
- Reporting serious accidents to HSE
If an employee has an accident at work because of the negligence of their employer, they should consider making a personal injury claim in Tonbridge and Malling to get the compensation they deserve.
In most cases, employers liability insurance would settle the claim
Most employers, and there are a few exceptions such as government departments, legally have to have an employer’s liability insurance with a minimum cover of £5 million. It is this insurance that settles any personal injury claims made against your employer; the claim will not have to be paid out of business money.
Making personal injury claims in Tonbridge and Malling
Accident Advice Helpline has been dealing with personal injury compensation claims for over 14 years and for 11 of those years, Esther Rantzen has been our patron. Esther recommends our services because she knows we will deliver what we promise: the highest quality customer service possible. She recognises how many thousands we have already helped get the compensation they were due, and knows that for us dealing with insurance companies is not the daunting prospect it can be for victims.
To contact us you can:
- Complete our online claim form
- Complete our 30-second test
- Call our freephone helpline on 0800 180 4123
Any of these methods will produce a chat with our friendly and helpful expert claims advisors, who will discuss all the details of your accident and injuries and give you information that relates to your own special circumstances.