How many personal injury claim specialists are there?
Who should I choose? From all the hundreds of thousands of personal injury claim specialists out there, how do I find the right one for me?
Points to look for in personal injury claim specialists
- A good pedigree. Accident Advice Helpline are one of the UK’s best-established law firms in the personal injury claims sector. Over the last 15 years, we have helped thousands of accident victims to win the compensation they need and deserve to help them manage the trauma and setback resulting from injuries that were not their fault.
- The backup of testimonials. On our website, you can read testimonials from claimants for whom we have won compensation and handled their cases with sensitivity.
- Experience and expertise. Accident Advice Helpline handle around 25,000 enquiries a month and pay out around £30 million per year in compensation award payments. As a law firm with legal experts all over the UK, we can help you to find the right solicitor with the right experience for your situation.
- Endorsement with integrity. Accident Advice Helpline are endorsed by Esther Rantzen, the consumer champion and media personality.
- Availability and approachability. Not sure what your rights are? It couldn’t be easier than going online. If you take our easy 30-second test, it will tell you whether you might be able to start a claim. After that, answer a few quick questions about your injuries and we can tell you what your claim might be worth. Alternatively call our friendly, helpful advisors on 0800 689 0500, who are waiting for your call. We’re open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If we can’t answer your questions immediately, we’ll call you back.
I’m worried about the money
First of all, we don’t ask for fees in advance. Your solicitor will tell you early on what the fees are likely to be, if you have to pay any; it is quite common for the defendant to pay most of the costs. If you have an insurance policy, either household, motor or are covered by a policy at work or a trade union, you should mention this early on, because it may cover any costs you might incur. This is known as a “before the event” insurance policy. In some cases, you may be able to take out an “after the event” insurance policy, to cover costs if you don’t win your case.
Don’t worry too much. You control your costs by deciding firstly whether to start your claim. You will discuss this in advance with your solicitor. Although most cases are settled out of court, if your case can’t be settled quickly, again, your solicitor will advise if it’s a good idea to proceed or not. You should expect to have a medical examination, in any case, as part of the initial preparation of the case.