Stevenage is based in an affluent borough of Hertfordshire, England. It is about 50 kilometers away from central London. It is home to Stevenage F.C, and numerous other sports and leisure clubs.
Do’s and don’ts when making personal accident compensation claims in Stevenage
When filing personal accident compensation claims in Stevenage, there are usually a few typical mistakes that claimants make. Some also choose to ignore, or do not give importance to the advice that is given to them by law firms, counsellors and solicitors. Thus they end up losing their claim, and do not get the sum of money that they deserve in compensation.
- Go to a medical doctor. You need to know whether you were suffering from a condition, illness or have sustained an injury in the accident. This will affect the sum of money you get in compensation and act as evidence. The more evidence you have, the better.
- Hire a solicitor. The sooner you hire a solicitor, the earlier you can get started on your claim. The claim-making procedure can be lengthy if you attempt to try it on your own, but a solicitor can help and guide you so that you are prepared for the entire process.
- Collect evidence. If you are accusing the opposing party of causing personal injuries to you, you should be able to back your claim and prove it. CCTV, visual and audio recordings, witness statements and official reports can all be useful evidence.
- Ignore or lie to your solicitor. The more open you are with your solicitor, the easier it will be to prove that the party at fault was liable for the injuries you sustained.
- Delay the claim-making procedure. The sooner you make your claim the more beneficial it will be for you. Remember that you have a three-year claiming period, and if that expires you will not be able to file a claim at all.
How can Accident Advice Helpline help you
Accident Advice Helpline has been in the personal injury claims business for over a decade. We have successfully, helped thousands of claimants win personal injury compensation claims in Stevenage and all over the rest of the UK.
Our solicitors have the knowledge and experience required to also help you with your case. You will then be able to fully rest and recover from the injuries that were inflicted upon you, while we claim your compensation.
If you’re considering filing a personal injury compensation claim, you need to dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline or from your mobile- 0333 500 0993 to contact us.
Date Published: 6th November 2015
Author: Emma Matthews