How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Northamptonshire claims

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Northamptonshire

    Many people suffer with all sorts of different allergies. These can have a range of effects, from the innocuous to the life-threatening. Nut allergies, for instance, can cause sufferers to go into severe anaphylactic shock, causing the throat to swell and cutting off airways. If treatment is not sought with haste, this can lead to death.

    Most people find out what they’re allergic to, if anything, at an early age, and are thus able to avoid the things that might trigger a reaction, whether that reaction be a mild rash or something more serious. This will be true of food, cosmetics, substances in the environment or drugs and medication.

    If you have some sort of allergy to a drug, this will typically be established after your doctor has prescribed you the offending medication. After suffering a bad reaction, it will be likely that you would have either gone straight to A&E or discontinued use of the drug and spoken to your GP about it at the earliest possible juncture.

    Regardless of how serious or minor the reaction was, you will probably have sought the opinion of a medical professional about it. When you did so, the medical professional you saw will have been duty-bound to make a note of your allergy on your medical records, to ensure that you are not prescribed a similar medicine again.

    But what if a doctor were to accidentally prescribe you a medicine that contained a substance that your records clearly state you are allergic to? If this were to happen to you, there will be a chance that you might well be able to take some form of 100% no win no fee* Northamptonshire claims action against the trust the doctor worked for.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Allergic reactions and Northamptonshire claims

    You might even be able to take Northamptonshire claims action even if the doctor asked you whether you had any allergies before prescribing you a medication you had a reaction to. If your allergy is clearly stated on your medical records, your doctor will have a responsibility to have familiarised herself with this information before prescribing you any drugs.

    Take action with the experts at Accident Advice Helpline

    If you’ve been prescribed a medication that contained a substance you are allergic to despite the fact that your allergy is on your medical records, pick up the phone and call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to find out if it might be able to offer you 100% no win no fee* Northamptonshire claims representation.

    With 14 years’ experience behind us, we are the best option for making your personal injury claim.

    Date Published: 29th June 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.