Slips and falls can lead to North Kesteven accident claims
The local district of North Kesteven is located in the East Midlands region of England and it is mostly a rural area with low rates of crime, high quality of life and good quality schools.
Research has shown that 90% of the residents of North Kesteven are satisfied with living there and 82% believe that it is an area where people get on well with each other even if they are from different backgrounds.
However, there are always many different factors that can play a part in what causes accidents such as age, alcohol, drugs, hazards in the working place and home environment, and mental health.
Accidents can still happen anywhere and cause injury, death, and disability. If you believe you have been involved in one that was not your fault then we’re here to help at Accident Advice Helpline.
We’re here to help if you need advice on claiming compensation
In particular, people who are older are at risk from falling from steps or stairs and each year 3,000 people who are over 65 are killed in slips or falls. In response to this, the Department of Trade and Industry has outlined some simple steps for people to reduce the chance that they have a fall or slip.
The Department of Trade and Industry’s steps include:
- Maintaining a healthy and balanced diet
- Having eye tests regularly
- Be aware of the medications that you are taking and let neighbours or friends know if they are making you feel dizzy or unwell
- When you are getting out of bed in the morning or getting up from a chair, make sure to take your time and do it in stages if you have a habit of becoming light-headed with these activities
- Take regular exercise such as some light gardening or a walk to improve muscle strength and balance
In addition to the above steps on how to avoid falls or slips the Department has outlined some steps on how to approach walking up steps on stairs:
- Hold on to the handrail for stability purposes
- Take the utmost care when cleaning or carrying things up and down the stairs
- Make sure that the stairs do not contain any clutter
- Do no avoid stairs as they help to maintain good muscle strength and balance
How can I receive a North Kesteven accident claims solicitor?
If you are injured and want to make North Kesteven accident claims then contact Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 180 4123 to receive the services of a solicitor.
Date Published: 3rd July 2014
Author: David Brown