How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    No win no fee holiday injury claim

    You may have been injured in an accident that was not your fault while on holiday, either in the UK or abroad. Now that you have returned to the UK, you could be considering making a no win no fee* holiday injury claim.

    No win no fee* holiday injury claim and insurance

    If you have taken a package holiday abroad which you purchased from a UK tour operator and have an accident in which you sustained an injury, you can make a no win no fee* holiday injury claim against the tour operator. Your accident should have been a result of negligence on the part of one of that tour operator’s representatives (a hotel owner, coach driver, holiday representative and so on).

    However, when you purchased your package holiday deal, you probably bought travel insurance which should cover any medical treatment which you have to receive while on holiday. You may have to pay up-front for this while on holiday, or your insurance company may foot the bill. When you get back to the UK, you will have to follow the claims procedure of your insurer. However, in some instances, you may also want to make a no win no fee* holiday injury claim privately for personal injury compensation. To do this, you will have to have the help of a specialist personal injury solicitor who has experience of dealing with no win no fee* holiday injury claims for accidents which happened in a foreign country.

    What to do if you have an accident abroad

    If you have an accident abroad, you will need to report it to your holiday representative who should send a report to the tour operator. Ask for a copy of the completed report as this will add supporting evidence to any no win no fee* holiday injury claim you may make. You will probably be admitted to hospital or a clinic, and then you should also notify the British Embassy (or the local Consulate) or the British High Commission, depending on which country you are in. If you are unable to do so, the embassy will contact your relatives to explain what has happened to you. You will also need your medical reports or copies of them when you have been treated, and you will need to see your GP when you return to the UK so that your injuries can be verified.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you decide you want to make a personal injury compensation claim for a holiday injury, then you may want to contact us at Accident Advice Helpline for expert legal advice.

    Open Claim Calculator

    We have been helping people with all kinds of personal injury compensation claims for over 15 years, and we have a team of solicitors who specialise in this field of law. We can advise on all aspects of your potential no win no fee* holiday injury claim.

    You can check us out by visiting our website, or you may simply want to take advantage of our free helpline and call us for expert legal advice now. The numbers to ring are are 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.

    Category: Holiday accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.