To help you process your claim on a no win, no fee** basis as quickly and effectively as possible, we have put together a list of essential do’s and don’ts to help you get started on the right foot.
Essential dos for arranging a personal injury claim on a no win, no fee** basis
- Be sure that you understand what no win no fee* basis means. You can get help on this by contacting a law firm like Accident Advice Helpline. Their friendly, professional advisers have extensive experience in this area of personal injury claims. If you have been injured in an incident that was not your fault, this is the first call that you should make. They can speak to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- It is best to contact Accident Advice Helpline as soon after the injury as you can. However, don’t worry if the incident was a while ago because you have up to three years to claim for road traffic accident injuries and slips, trips and falls. .
- Let the advisers at Accident Advice Helpline talk you through the simple and straightforward 30 second test to find out whether your claim for compensation is likely to be successful. You can also do this on-line if you would prefer. If the test shows that you do have grounds to claim it is still up to you to decide if you want to proceed.
- Keep all records and receipts that show how much money you have lost because of the injury. This often includes:
- Travel expenses to hospitals and doctors
- Details of extra costs e.g. childcare
- Details of loss of earnings, including overtime, bonuses etc.
Essential don’ts for arranging a personal injury claim on a no win, no fee** basis
- Don’t get worried that you will have to pay upfront legal costs. Our team of solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline work on a no win, no fee** basis. This means that they will not charge you anything at all if you do not win your case. If you win, the legal costs are recovered from the other party.
- Don’t be concerned that you will need to make a lot of visits to court and attend lots of meetings with your solicitor. Most claims can be handled over the telephone and very few cases actually require you to appear in court.
- Don’t expect to have a fixed amount of compensation agreed at the start. The exact of money that you will get cannot be guaranteed until the case is resolved. This is because every injury and every claim are unique. Some cases take longer than others to sort out.
- Don’t just choose any law firm at random. Choose one that has an outstanding reputation for helping people just like you. Accident Advice Helpline has been established for over 14 years. They are fully backed by trusted TV personality Esther Rantzen.
Date Published: 10th January 2013
Author: David Brown
Category: No win no fee