If you have fallen down a step that was not lit or signposted in a public building, such as a gallery or museum, and you have injured yourself, you may need to know how a Newtown law firm could help you. Some buildings have the odd step where we least expect them. This is normally fine if the step is signposted or well lit. However, if it is not and you fall and break your arm, you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries.
To claim compensation, you need to provide evidence that the accident was not your fault and also that the body in charge of the building was negligent in their Health and Safety procedures. There are steps that you can take to do this.
- Take a photograph of the step in the light that was provided when you fell. Take further photographs of the room to prove that there are no signs warning of the step.
- Make sure that you make a note of the date as warning signs can be easily put up after the event.
- If there are any witnesses, try to get contact details and a witness statement from them.
- Make sure that your accident is recorded in the building’s accident book.
- Get yourself examined by medical professionals. This is essential as a medical report of this examination will be needed at a later date to award compensation for your injuries.
Do you need the services of a Newtown law firm
To get the level of compensation you deserve, you need an expert representing you. This is why you should telephone Accident Advice Helpline. We are a law firm that specialises in personal injury compensation. Further to that, we also pride ourselves on the service that we provide for our clients.
To find out if you qualify for a claim, a friendly professional advisor will guide you through a few simple questions about your accident. Alternatively, you could take the 30-second test on our website that will provide you with an estimate of how much your claim could be worth. Needless to say, making this enquiry does not place you under any obligation to go ahead with a claim; that is your decision.
A no-win, no-fee basis
You may also be pleasantly surprised to find out that you do not have to pay out to start a claim off. This is because all our lawyers operate on a no win no fee basis. Furthermore, in the event that your claim was unsuccessful, you would not receive an invoice for a large legal bill either. All the more reason to contact us if you are looking for a Newtown law firm.
Basically, if your accident happened in the past three years and was due to a third party, you really should find out how a Newtown law firm could help you. Ring Accident Advice Helpline now on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.
Date Published: 14th July 2014
Author: David Brown