How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Negligence claim in Hillingdon

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Hillingdon

    Has someone you know experienced an accident whilst in a care home?

    Although many people are reluctant to consider the option of a care home for a family member or loved one, in some circumstances there are no other alternatives. If a family member needs constant care or specialist help, a residential care home may be the only place in which they can access the help that they need. If regulations aren’t followed this could lead to injury, and you may want to make a negligence claim in Hillingdon.

    Fortunately, the vast majority of care homes provide safe accommodation for their residents. Whilst new residents are sometimes reluctant to move into a residential care home, many report an improvement in their health in the weeks following their admittance. Whilst it can be a transition for people who previously lived one, it can also reduce the stress in their day-to-day lives which can, in turn, improve their health.

    Despite some negative reports regarding care homes and carers in the media, the majority of healthcare staff do perform their roles with professionalism and care a great deal about the welfare of their residents. Whilst accidents may sometimes happen, these are normally genuine incidents and not cases of intentional harm being caused to anyone.

    If, for example, a carpet was torn and wasn’t repaired quickly enough, it could cause someone to fall which could result in an accident. Similarly, if furniture wasn’t replaced regularly or maintained properly, it could become dangerous and could potentially cause an accident.

    Negligence claim in Hillingdon

    Of course, it is possible that incidents of medical negligence could take place in a care home environment. As many residents receive some form of medication, it’s essential that good records are kept so that they right medication can be administered to each resident. If mistakes are made, it’s possible that a resident could be given the wrong medication or the wrong dose which could have very serious consequences. In cases such as these you may need help to make a negligence claim in Hillingdon.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If someone is hurt or injured in a care home and they want to obtain compensation, it should be relatively easy for them to do so, providing they can show that they weren’t at fault. If you feel that they need help or assistance with their claim, you may even be able to liaise with lawyers on their behalf.

    You may even find that it is a staff member who is hurt because of an accident in a care home. In such instances, they too could make a claim and could go on to successfully obtain compensation from their employer.

    Find out more from Accident Advice Helpline

    If you want to know more about how to make a claim or what you should do next, why not contact us? Simply call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the claims process or the personal injury industry.

    Date Published: 5th July 2014

    Author: kate

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.