Most of us know that to avoid neck injury claims in Thanet, there are certain health and safety rules every employer in the UK has to follow. Most employers do exactly what they should, but can the same be said for employees?
Employees need to help to avoid making neck injury claims in Thanet
Employees have a duty to themselves and anyone else they work with to comply with the rules of their employer, or if they are injured they may not be able to make neck injury claims in Thanet. The sorts of things they should or should not do are:
- They should not turn up for work the worse for alcohol and avoid drinking in their lunch break. They can get instant dismissal for this and if they were injured while under the influence at work, they would not be able to make a personal injury claim.
- They should ensure they follow the health and safety rules of their employer, as going against these could stop them from making a claim.
- They should ensure they wear any protective clothing provided. The employer does not give it to them for no reason.
- If any plant or equipment they have to use has a fault, they should refuse to use it until it has been repaired. The employer cannot discipline an employee for this.
- The employer will have procedures in place in case of an emergency situation. Employees should stop what they are doing and not ignore trials of them, such as fire drills.
- If they have an accident at work, no matter how minor, make sure it is recorded in the accident book, and that serious accidents are reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). If there is any doubt that the employer has made the report, employees should tell HSE so that it is sure someone has.
- If an employee spots anything that could be a potential hazard, they should inform their employer straight away, so that action can be taken to correct it.
- They should do nothing that will endanger themselves or anyone else in the workplace.
How to make neck injury claims in Thanet
No matter how many precautions the employer and employee take, accidents will still happen at work. They are among the most common types of accidents in the UK and Accident Advice Helpline have dealt with many thousands of claims relating to them over the last 14 years.
We are a specialist law firm that only handles personal injury claims, and our expertise and knowledge will give your claim its best chance of success as well as make it as easy, fast and efficient as possible.
We operate on a No Win No Fee* basis so you do not have to find any money to start your claim, all you need do is contact us. This can by done by completing the 30-second test on our website or by calling our free helpline on 0800 689 0500 and speaking to one of our friendly professional advisors.
Date Published: 4th August 2014