Not sure how to start your claim for personal injury compensation? Call for expert, no obligation advice from the leading law firm!
At some time or another, we may experience the confusion and turmoil of a road traffic accident. However, if the accident occurred as a result of a collision that was caused through no fault of our own, then we may be feeling distraught and angry that we have been left injured and incapacitated.
Thankfully, help is only a phone call away with the leading law firm, the Accident Advice Helpline. By providing a 24 hour, 7 days a week telephone helpline, the helpful team of advisers are always at the other end of the phone to answer your call and provide useful, relevant no obligation advice.
Causes of collisions
Accidents on the roads account for the majority of injuries that occur which require admission to busy Accident and Emergency departments every day.
These may be caused by:
- driving at excessive and dangerous speeds
- lack of experience of driving
- failing to obey road signs, markings and road signals
- jumping red lights
- failing to stop or give way at junctions
- failing to allow adequate space for other road users such as cyclists
- failing to indicate and inform other road users of your intentions
- driving whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs
At the scene of a road traffic accident
If you are involved in Neath road traffic accidents, whether or not they were caused by your own fault, the law states that:
- You must STOP at the scene.
- Make the scene safe. Switch off engines and switch on hazard lights to warn other motorists of the accident.
- Check for casualties. Provide First Aid if needed and reassure casualties.
- Phone the Emergency Services. Provide an accurate location and give details of the casualties and their conditions.
- Ask some one to direct the traffic around the collision. Use a warning triangle to alert approaching motorists of the accident site.
- Provide details of the casualties to the Emergency Services when they are on scene.
- Exchange information such as personal details, insurance details and vehicle details with other involved parties.
- If possible, record the location of the vehicles, direction of traffic, road conditions, weather conditions and any other relevant information for future reference.
Can you claim for your Neath road traffic accidents?
To establish your eligibility to pursue personal injury compensation for your Neath road traffic accidents, simply call the leading law firm, the Accident Advice Helpline. They can provide you with details of your eligibility to make a claim for compensation over the phone.
If you prefer to use the internet, why not go online and take part in the Accident Advice Helpline’s unique 30 second online test? This simple to use, quick and confidential service allows you to find out for yourself if you can claim using the Accident Advice Helpline’s no win no fee* compensation claims service.