With motorbike riders being amongst the most vulnerable road users it is no surprise that motorbike accidents are amongst the most serious and sometimes fatal accidents on the UK roads today.
- In 2011 there were 20,000 motorbike accident casualties
- Over 5200 were reported to be serious injuries
- 48% of accidents between cars and motorbikes were found to be due to the driver of the car not looking properly
Motorbike riders are extremely vulnerable to accidents due to their smaller size and the lack of protection compared with that of a car, such as no seat belts and not having the outer protection which, during an accident can lead to some horrific head, neck, leg and arm injuries especially.
Can I make a Motorbike Accident Compensation Claim?
Yes, if you have been in a motorbike accident and received any type of injury from whiplash to much more serious wounds, either as a motorbike passenger, a pedestrian, or as a rider with another vehicle and you think it wasn’t your fault, you could make a motorbike accident compensation claim.
I’ve been involved in a motorbike accident -what do I do next?
- Get medical attention as soon as possible, your injuries will need to be assessed by a professional, and could be more serious than you first think.
- Get together as much information about your injuries and the accident as possible – witness statements and medical assessment notes are particularly useful when making a new motorbike accident compensation claim. If you are able to take any photographs of the accident this is also very helpful.
- Check our fast and free 30 second compensation claim calculator to find out how much compensation you could be owed.
- Contact a member of our professional and helpful team for a free, no obligation chat to discuss your claim further.
It’s as simple as that!
What expenses does the compensation paid cover?
- You may need to take time off work after an accident, depending on how serious your injuries are. Compensation can help with any loss of earnings you may suffer due to this.
- If your injuries mean you are going to need ongoing treatment or therapy, either physically or psychologically, compensation awarded can help cover these costs.
- Your claim can also cover paying any medical expenses or any other costs involved in hospitalization.
The Accident Advice Helpline have been in operation for nearly 12 years, and with our 200 strong team of legal partners you can feel safe in the knowledge that your claim will be handled by a 100% no win, no fee* professional motorbike accident compensation claim solicitor. Every road user in charge of a vehicle is required to purchase valid insurance. It will be the insurance company that pays your compensation out, keeping matters, especially in the cases of serious or permanent injuries, professional and without more upset or distress to the injured party..