A Malden accident at work claim does not just apply to workers on construction sites, or in factories, it applies to whatever job you do, if you were injured in the workplace through the fault of someone else.
Most accidents in the workplace happen because of negligence on the part of the employer, and in the more dangerous jobs, employers are usually very aware of their duty to safeguard the health and safety of their staff. But in some trades and professions, employers do not see any problem and so tend not to be so aware of the hazards than can injure their employees, and result in a Malden accident at work claim.
Health and safety in offices to avoid a Malden accident at work claim
Most people would think an office is a fairly safe place to work in, and generally they are. But they have dangers all of their own, and protecting the staff from them is just as important as in any other job. The types of problems that can occur are:
- Over use of photocopiers – constantly using a photocopier can damage the sight of the victim, and the time using one should be restricted, and regular breaks taken.
- Trailing wires – these are a very real danger, and can cause very nasty injuries if the victim happens to bang their head on the corner of a desk or something similar, as they fall.
- Faulty furniture – some victims have fallen from chairs that have collapsed, and although many people would laugh at this, some of them have sustained severe injuries in this situation.
- Electrical equipment – whether it is an office or anywhere else, electrical equipment should be regularly checked to help reduce the risk of electric shocks.
- Computers – computers users, and there a lot of them, are at risk from repetitive strain injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome and vision problems if there is a glare to their screen. All of these can be prevented if the proper measures are in place.
- Faulty flooring – many victims trip up on faulty flooring, carpets that are ripped or tiles that have lifted can be a very hazardous to workers.
Making a Malden accident at work claim with the experts
Our experts at Accident Advice Helpline have been specialising in personal injury claims of all types for over 14 years, and the experience we have gained has allowed us to make the claims process quick, simple and efficient.
Apart from making the claim easy, we will not ask you for any money to start your claim, or if your claim is lost. The ‘no win, no fee*’ agreement takes care of the financing of your claim, just another thing towards keeping the process as stress free as possible.Open Claim Calculator
Contacting us is easy as well, complete one of our online options, or call our freephone helpline, either way you will have made the right choice in getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.