How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Make an injury claim in Kelso

    If you live in Kelso, you may be considering making an injury claim in Kelso either for an accident in which you were injured and you were in no way to blame, or you have an illness, caused by another person’s negligence. You and your solicitor have to prove negligence on the part of another person was the cause of either your accident or illness. You usually have three years within which to make an injury claim in Kelso, or one based anywhere else in the British Isles.

    When to make an injury claim in Kelso

    Although you have three years from the date of your accident or of first being diagnosed with an illness, you really should consider making a claim as soon as you can. Sometimes claims can be settled out of court within six months, but an injury claim in Kelso (for example) could take years to settle if it has to go to court.

    Why does a claim have to go to court?

    When you make an injury claim in Kelso or elsewhere it may have to be settled in court if the person responsible for your accident and injury denies all responsibility. He or she may, on the other hand admit liability, but the insurance company may only offer a little compensation. Your solicitor will be able to advise you to take your claim to court if he or she believes that you can get much more in compensation than you were offered.

    You and your solicitor will have to build a water-tight case an your solicitor will have to consult the Judicial College guidelines (formerly the Judicial Studies Board guidelines) as well as do research into recent compensation awards for injuries such as yours, in order to be able to tell you how much you could expect to receive in compensation. Only by doing this can he or she advise you on whether to accept or reject an initial offer of compensation.

    If you reject an offer because it was unreasonable, your solicitor will write a letter to the person concerned, or their solicitor outlining his or her reasons for declining the offer. The next offer you receive may be more reasonable in which case, you may be advised to accept it. If there is no further offer, then your solicitor may advise you to take the claim to court.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Contact us at Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need expert legal advice about any part of the personal injury compensation claim process, you can contact us at Accident Advice Helpline, a law firm with more than a decade’s experience of working in this field.

    Call us from a landline on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500. To call from a mobile, ring 0333 500 0993.

    If you would rather we call you, just send us the text message “claim365” to 88010.

    Contact us now for expert claims’ advice.

    Date Published: 10th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.