Being the victim of an accident can have many consequences, and as well as your physical injuries you may suffer from stress and anxiety in the aftermath. We’ve put together some helpful information to help you deal with trauma from your accident, as well as information on getting help with Lichfield claims for compensation.
Dealing with stress following your accident
- Take up yoga: Yoga is said to help people to deal with stress and anxiety, and is a great meditative exercise to help you deal with your problems.
- Seek counselling: You may find that you need to talk over your issues with a professional, and there are many great services available to help you.
- Talk to friends and family: Sometimes, the best way to talk about what you’re feeling is with your friends and family.
- Take some ‘me’ time: Sometimes, all you need to feel like yourself again is a bit of ‘me’ time, where you just do the things you want to do.
- Make a claim for compensation: If financial concerns are keeping you up at night, then making a claim for compensation could help. A claim could help recover extra costs that you’ve had to pay, such as medical expenses, travel expenses or a loss of earnings, and help get your finances back on track whilst you get better.
Most people are not surprised when physical injuries happen in an accident that was not their fault, but sometimes the trauma that is caused can be even worse. If you suffer a broken arm, for instance, or maybe a whiplash injury, really it should be healed in about eight weeks.
Anxiety and stress caused by an accident can last much longer, though, and cause panic attacks, mood swings and a whole host of other symptoms that can make life very unpleasant for all involved. This can all be accounted for as part of your personal injury claim, as it is as much an injury as any other, just to your mind rather than your body.
Getting help with Lichfield claims
If you want to seek professional advice about claiming compensation, then Accident Advice Helpline are here to help. We have friendly and helpful advisers ready to provide you with the information you need in order to proceed, and we can handle the entire claim on your behalf often completely over the phone.
By making a claim with us, you are covered by our no win no fee* policy, which works by ensuring that there are no legal fees to pay for unsuccessful claims.Open Claim Calculator
Just call us today on our freephone number 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or if you are using a mobile on 0333 500 0993, and get your claim started.