For many people, claiming compensation following a personal injury is a necessity, in order to help compensate for things such as a loss of earnings and other unexpected costs. Many people choose not to claim because they don’t know enough about the subject, and therefore could be missing out on money which can help them get back on their feet following an accident.
We’ve put together five common reasons why people to choose to claim compensation below, as well as give you guidance on finding a suitable lawyer in Sheffield.
Common reasons for claiming compensation with a lawyer in Sheffield
- Recover medical costs: Whether you choose to go private or need additional healthcare services your GP won’t provide, you may find that you need to cover medical costs yourself, which can put a drain on your finances. Claiming personal injury compensation with a lawyer in Sheffield could help with these costs.
- Vehicle repairs: Some car insurance claims will only get you so far, so if you find that you need to replace your car completely following an accident this could be an unexpected expense which could lead you into debt or affect other outgoings.
- Loss of earnings: A personal injury can leave you unable to work for a period of time, or even forced to give up work altogether. Some businesses fail to offer sickness pay and statutory sick pay can only get you so far, so you may rely on compensation in order to look after your household and living costs.
- Care costs: If you have children or relatives to care for, a personal injury can make it difficult for you to offer effective care, and therefore you may need to hire some additional help which could leave you out of pocket.
- Stress and anxiety: Suffering an accident, whether at work, on the road or out and about, can have a devastating effect on your confidence. Although not a full solution, compensation may be able to help you get back on your feet.
Looking for an expert lawyer in Sheffield? Contact Accident Advice Hlepline today
Finding a suitable lawyer in Sheffield to help with your personal injury claim has never been easier. Accident Advice Helpline operate on a nationwide basis as a specialist law firm who deal solely with personal injury claims. To find out how we can help you, contact us via our 24/7 helpline. Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile phone today. You can alternatively text ‘claim365’ to 88010 and a member of our team will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Take action today.