How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Lawyer in Port Erin

    Lawyer in Port Erin

    Health and safety laws apply to all businesses, no matter how small. Whether you work in an cafe, post office or museum in Port Erin, your employer is responsible for providing you with a safe working environment.

    If you do suffer an accident at work, your employer should have first-aid arrangements to place to help you to deal with your injuries. Under the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981, your employer must provide adequate and appropriate equipment and facilities to ensure that you are able to receive immediate attention if you sustain an injury or illness at work.

    As a minimum, your employer must provide:

    A first-aid kit
    • An appointed first-aider
    • Information on these first-aid arrangements

    Your responsibilities

    Whilst you do not have any specific duties relating to the provision of first-aid at work, it may be helpful for you to ensure that your employer is aware of any health issues that you have. If you may require urgent medication for a preexisting medical condition, such as an inhaler for asthma or a spray for angina, you must consider informing your employer.

    Open Claim Calculator

    With your permission, your employer can ensure that their trained first-aiders receive any additional training they require to attend to your needs while you are at work.

    Reporting accidents and ill health at work

    Under health and safety legislation, your employer must report and keep records of certain injuries sustained in the workplace. If your employer employs more than ten people, they must keep an accident book.

    By keeping records, your employer will be better able to determine the types of first-aid arrangements they need to put in place in their workplace. Your employer’s insurance company may also wish to view these records in the event of an accident at work claim.

    Looking for an accident lawyer in Port Erin?

    If you have been involved in an accident at work, an accident lawyer will be able to offer you advice on your legal rights.

    We do not have a personal injury lawyer in Port Erin working directly for us but this doesn’t matter, we can still help you claim as we are a national injury law firm that covers all areas of the UK. So if you need a personal injury lawyer in Port Erin or anyway make us your first point of call.

    At Accident Advice Helpline, our lawyers specialise in accident at work compensation claims, so if you are thinking of making a claim, or just want advice from an accident lawyer, please give us a call or fill in our 30-second test.

    Date Published: 8th February 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.