How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Lawyer in Polmont

    If you wish to claim compensation following an accident in Polmont, you will need to send a Letter of Claim to the guilty party. When drafting your Letter of Claim, you will need to follow a set of guidelines known as the Pre-Action Protocol for Personal Injury Claims.

    What is the Pre-Action Protocol?

    The Pre-Action Protocol for Personal Injury Claims sets out the details you need to include in your Letter of Claim. It applies to almost all personal injury claims.

    What are the requirements of the Pre-Action Protocol?

    The Protocol encourages you to include the following information in your Letter of Claim:

    • Your personal details
      Your Letter of Claim should contain your full name and address, your occupation and your employer’s name and address.
    • Information about your accident
      Your Letter of Claim should include sufficient information to enable the guilty party’s insurance company and/or lawyer to commence investigations into the cause of your accident. It should contain a clear summary of the facts of your accident, together with an indication of the nature and severity of the injuries you have suffered and the financial losses you have incurred.

    Should I request documentary evidence through my Letter of Claim?

    The Protocol encourages you to exchange information at an early stage and therefore, you may wish to request that the guilty party provide you with any documentation relevant to your case. If you are claiming against your employer, you should request details of your usual earnings. In doing so, you will be able to calculate your financial losses.

    Should I set a timescale for my claim?

    Through your Letter of Claim, you should indicate the date on which you expect to receive a receipt of acknowledgement from the guilty party. You should provide the guilty party with at least 21 days in which to reply to your correspondence.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Who can help me to draft my Letter of Claim?

    A Letter of Claim is an important document – a badly worded document could prejudice your entire compensation claim. If you wish to draft a convincing Letter of Claim, you should hire the help of a personal injury lawyer.

    Looking for an accident lawyer in Polmont?

    We do not have a personal injury lawyer in Polmont working directly for us but this doesn’t matter, we can still help you claim as we are a national injury law firm that covers all areas of the UK. So if you need a personal injury lawyer in Polmont or anyway make us your first point of call.

    To find out more about the process of starting a personal injury claim, please phone our freephone helpline today. Our legally trained advisers will assess the validity of your claim and determine whether you are eligible to receive guidance from a 100% no win, no fee accident lawyer.

    So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 8th February 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.