How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Lawyer in Piercebridge-on-Tees

    If you have sustained an injury as a result of the negligence of another person or organisation, you may be entitled to claim compensation. You can bring a claim against anyone, so long as you can prove that they have acted carelessly. If your injury was caused by more than one person or organisation, you can take action against all of the responsible parties.

    Evidence – the key to making a successful claim

    To make a successful claim, you will need to provide evidence to prove that the guilty party (or parties, if you are claiming against several people) helped to cause your injury.

    Your evidence may take the form of photographs of the accident scene, statements from independent witnesses and/or reports from medical specialists.

    Making a claim through an accident lawyer in Piercebridge-on-Tees

    Once you have established that someone else was at fault, you will need to ask an accident lawyer in Piercebridge-on-Tees to send the guilty party a detailed Letter of Claim. The guilty party will then have 21 days in which to acknowledge the safe receipt of your letter and from that moment onwards, will have three months in which to carry out investigations into the cause of your accident. Within the three-month period, they must either accept or deny your allegations.

    In the event that the guilty party accepts liability, your accident lawyer in Piercebridge-on-Tees will move forward and obtain evidence to assist in assessing the value of your claim. You can claim two main awards: general damages, which will reflect your pain, suffering and loss of amenity, and special damages, which will reflect your out-of-pocket expenses. Your general damages award will be based on the contents of your medical evidence, while your special damages award will be based on your wage slips and receipts.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If the guilty party denies liability, you will have to prove their negligence in court. If you are successful in establishing liability, the court will determine the value of your compensation settlement.

    Hiring the help of an accident lawyer in Piercebridge-on-Tees

    If you would like to discuss your claim with one of our trained claims advisors, please call our Freephone helpline. We will look into your accident and determine whether you would benefit from taking legal action against the guilty party.

    So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 11th June 2017

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.