5 interesting facts about Pencoed
Pencoed is a town situated in Bridgend, south Wales, which may be unfamiliar to those not from the area but has a great history and is a fantastic location for other towns and cities in south Wales. To help you get to know Pencoed a bit better, here are five interesting facts you might not have known.
- It is believed that the earliest settlers in the town go back to the Bronze Age, with the discovery of bones from different mammals found at the Ogof y Pebyll Bone Cave, which means ‘the stones Cave’ in Welsh.
- The population of Pencoed grew during the 19th century as a result of the Industrial Revolution, and the abundance of coal mines in the area. All coal mines in this area have since closed.
- It is placed between two of Wales’ largest cities, Cardiff and Swansea, making it a great location for those wishing to visit either city.
- It is twinned with two towns in Europe – Waldsassen in Germany and Plouzané in France.
- The name ‘Pencoed’ is Welsh for ‘head of the wood’.
Making a personal injury claim through a lawyer in Pencoed
Residents of Pencoed may have a number of reasons for seeking compensation for a personal injury, including car accidents, accidents at work and slips, trips or falls. Compensation could include cover for care costs as well as loss of earnings caused by an inability to work. Using Accident Advice Helpline potential claimants can seek advice and find out if they’re eligible for compensation before deciding whether or not to make a claim.
Making a claim with AAH
If you have suffered an injury in the last three years as a result of an accident caused by someone else, you could be able to make a claim for compensation. Simply get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline’s lawyer in Pencoed either by calling the 24-hour advice line or visiting the website in order to get more information. There is no obligation for you to make a claim if you are deemed eligible and most cases can be resolved over the phone, without the need to attend court. The AAH is a friendly and experienced service with the aim of making the claims process easier and hassle-free for their clients.