If you have sustained an injury as a result of an accident in a public place or on private property in Ogbourne St George, you may wish to make a personal injury claim. The owners and occupiers of all buildings and areas open to the public are legally obliged to provide you with a duty of care. This means that they must ensure that take steps to protect you from harm. If they fail in their duty of care, an accident lawyer will be able to seek compensation on your behalf.
Public liability claims
If you have sustained an injury as a result of an accident in any of the following places, you will need to make a public liability claim:
• Public footpaths, pavements and roads
Accidents that occur in such locations are likely to be the responsibility of your local authority.
Occupier’s liability claims
If you have sustained an injury as a result of an accident in any of the following places, you will need to make an occupier’s liability claim:Open Claim Calculator
• Supermarkets and shops
• Leisure centres and gyms
• Sporting venues, such as football pitches and swimming pools
• Cinemas and theatres
• Bus stops and train stations
• Restaurants, pubs, bars and nightclubs
Accidents that occur in these locations are likely to be the responsibility of the owner or occupier of the building or venue.
Actions to take following your accident in Ogbourne St George
If you have injured yourself in an accident in a public or privately owned property or area in Ogbourne St George, you will need to:
• Report your accident to an appropriate member of staff and ensure that an entry is made in their official accident book
• Seek medical attention from your local A&E department
• Obtain evidence such as photographs of the cause of your accident
• Obtain the contact details of any independent witnesses to your accident
• Contact Accident Advice Helpline
Looking for an accident lawyer in Ogbourne St George
At Accident Advice Helpline, our accident lawyers have extensive experience of handling public and occupier’s liability claims. Contact us today on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 to see whether an accident lawyer could help you make a successful compensation claim. We offer no-obligation legal advice and 100% no win, no fee* claims.
We do not have a lawyer in Ogbourne St George working directly for us but this doesn’t matter, we can still help you claim as we are a national injury law firm that covers all areas of the UK. So if you need an injury lawyer in Ogbourne St George or anyway make us your first point of call.