Being a victim of an accident can be emotionally traumatising, especially if you were seriously injured. If you were in accident or suffered an injury as a result of someone else’s actions or inactions, you may opt to take legal action. When you are in such a situation, it is important that you consult with a personal injury lawyer in Chigwell Row.
Finding an experienced personal injury lawyer can be challenging. Below are seven steps that you can follow before appointing a lawyer to handle your claim case:
- You should not choose a lawyer just because you like his or her advertisements on TV, because this doesn’t necessarily mean that they are the best and most qualified.
- You need to find the right lawyer who specialises in personal injury litigation.
- You need to ask around for recommendations for a good personal injury lawyer.
- You may need to interview several lawyers to find out what experience and qualifications they have that will help in relation to your case.
- You may need to do a background check if you receive an unsolicited request. A qualified, experienced and established lawyer will not have to solicit your business.
- You should make sure that your lawyers know fully the laws that govern the country, as well as your rights as a victim of an accident which was not your fault.
- You should not look only at the lawyer’s academic credentials, because they can be misleading. Instead, do some research of your own into the personal injury lawyer’s experience and track record in settling claims for their clients.
Choosing a personal injury lawyer
An experienced specialist personal injury lawyer should be a member of a recognised Law Society-approved panel. The Law Society monitors all solicitors practicing in the UK and has various panels for solicitors who can prove they are specialists in an area of law with a high level of expertise. The Law Society’s personal injury panel is the panel for specialist personal injury solicitors. For one to be a member, a lawyer must be a solicitor with at least three years’ experience as a personal injury specialist with a high level of expertise.
When do you need to get a lawyer in Chigwell Row?
Sometimes, the skills of an expert personal injury lawyer are needed because of the complexity of the personal injury law involved in your particular claim, or because your injuries are so severe that compensation might be a problem to estimate or insurance companies refuse to settle the claim. The following types of accidents and injuries will almost certainly need you to get a lawyer in Chigwell Row:
- Long-term or permanent disabling injuries;
- Severe injuries; and
- Toxic exposure.
Call Accident Advice Helpline for free on landline number 0800 689 0500, or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993, for a free initial consultation and advice on how to get a lawyer to represent you in making your personal injury compensation claim today.
Date Published: 25th January 2014
Author: David Brown