We all need to eat to survive and sometimes it is nice to treat ourselves to a meal in a restaurant or have a take away. Whichever way you decide to eat, if the food has been contaminated in some way, it will make you ill with food poisoning and then you might want to make a compensation claim with the help of our law firm for Plymouth.
Why food poisoning happens, and why you may want to use our law firm for Plymouth
Food normally gets contaminated by bacteria or viruses, when the correct care is not taken, such things as:
- It has not been properly cooked
- It has been thawed and then refrozen
- It is food served fresh that has not ben properly cleaned, such as salads or fruits
- It has been stored at the wrong temperature, especially chilled foods
- It has been handled by someone who is ill or who has dirty hands
- It has been cross contaminated with another food because utensils and work surfaces have not been cleaned between different foods
- It has gone past its use by date
- It has been cooked and then kept at a warm temperature for a long time
- The preparation area is dirty
These are the sorts of things that put the food at risk of becoming infested with bacteria and making you ill, and is this happens through someone elses fault, our law firm for Plymouth can help you claim compensation.
The more susceptible foods
Some foods need extra care taken with them because they are more prone to contamination. Examples of these are:
- Poultry, pork and other raw meats
- Raw eggs
- Unpasteurised milk
- Pre packed sandwiches
- Soft cheeses
- Burgers, kebabs and sausages
- Cooked sliced meats
Water is also easily contaminated if left to stand in the open for long periods, and in the past has been the cause of many people suffering from bacterial food poisoning.
Making your personal injury compensation claim for food poisoning
Food poisoning will make you feel really poorly for a few days, but when you are feeling better, contact Accident Advice Helpline to discuss what has happened to you.
We have been helping claimants get the compensation they were entitled to after being injured or made ill by someone else, for over 14 years. Among the many thousands we have already assisted with their claims, numerous of them have been because of food poisoning.
Our in-house solicitors are experts in making claims. They will ensure that every aspect of your life that has been affected by your illness or injury will be accounted for; making sure you get the maximum compensation possible for your particular situation.
If you call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, our advisers there to give you all the assistance and information you will need to make a personal injury compensation claim.