Safety for kids in parks and how to claim compensation through a law firm
A park is a place that children go to have a fun day out and not have to worry about any danger. Most parks are designed with safety in mind, so that even the play equipment is as safe as it can be and unlikely to cause any serious injuries. However, if you want to feel secure in your children’s safety it can help to watch out for them and teach them how to be as safe as possible when they are playing in the park. This will help to put your mind at rest when they are out playing, and will stop you having to watch them every moment.
- Show your children safe routes in the park. Most parks will have areas which are entirely pedestrianised, but larger parks may also have roads in them. Teach your children where they should play in the park, including where to ride bikes safely.
- Teach children how to use play equipment. Swings, slides and roundabouts are perfectly safe if you know how to use them. On your first visit to the park, teach your child how to be safe on this equipment, and watch them carefully the first few times to make sure they have gotten the hang of this.
- Dress your child appropriately. Loose clothing and dresses can cause injuries because they are easy to catch in things or trip over. Keep your child comfortable in stretchy leggings or jeans and t shirts.
- Report any dangers in the park. If you see any potential dangers such as broken glass, a broken piece of play equipment and so on, report this to the local council as soon as you can so that the problem can be dealt with.
- Send them in pairs. If your child is old enough to go to the park on their own, you should still make sure they go with another child and that they stick together for the duration of their stay.
How to claim with a law firm in Huddersfield
If your child is injured in a park due to the negligence of someone else, a law firm in Huddersfield can help you to claim compensation on their behalf. You can find a good law firm in Huddersfield through recommendations of friends and family, or by looking online, but if you can’t find a law firm in Huddersfield that you think will handle your case well, there are other options.
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the friendly, helpful team and find out whether or not you have a good case for compensation. If you do then you will be passed over to an experienced in house injury lawyer, who will work on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve, meaning that you shouldn’t even have to go to court.