How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury types

    Personal injury types can vary greatly, depending on the circumstances of your accident and the severity of your injuries. The impact of different injury types is a key factor when assessing your entitlement to compensation, taking into account the affect it has had on your daily life.

    Injury types may include:

    • A work accident
    • A slip, trip or fall
    • A road traffic accident

    The impact of your personal injury should not be underplayed. If your accident was someone else’s fault, happened within the past three years and resulted in the need for medical attention, you are likely eligible to make a claim for compensation.

    Why you should make a claim, according to different injury types

    Depending on when, where and how you sustained an injury, the parties involved with the claim and the consequences of your compensation claim may differ.

    For example, if you have had an accident at work, you will not only be suffering from the physical injuries incurred, but you may also be worrying about the reaction of your employer when they find out you wish to make a claim for compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    This is something you need not be concerned about. Your employer is required by UK law to have indemnity insurance, which will cover them for this type of situation, so that any compensation will not come out of their pocket. There should be no bad feeling from your employer as a result of your claim, and most people are able to return to work without problems. In addition, your actions may result in preventative measures to ensure that a similar accident does not happen again.

    If you have been involved in a road traffic accident, you may be struggling with the thought of getting back into a car or riding your bicycle again. For many people, these means of transportation will be an integral part of their commute to work or daily lives, such as taking the children to school or visiting relatives. If your accident has caused you psychological stress as well as physical injuries, this will all be taken into account when making a claim. If your accident occurred as a result of extremely reckless behaviour (such as driving whilst under the influence of alcohol), you can be comforted by the knowledge that the other driver will not put anyone else at risk as a result of your actions.

    Slips, trips and falls can occur at any time, and in any location. If your accident happened in a public place such as a play area, your local council will be covered by public liability insurance. If you pursue your right to claim, preventative measures such as repairing a broken piece of playground equipment will likely happen. This means there is a further positive outcome to your actions.

    Specialist advice

    To pursue your claim, please get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. Our friendly, professional advisers will match your case to the expert legal help it deserves, on a no-win, no- fee basis. You can give our team a call on 0800 689 0500 (landline) or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to discuss things in more detail.

    Date Published: 22nd January 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Personal injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.