How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury Solicitors in Modbury

    Modbury in Devon was the first town in the UK where shopkeepers banned plastic bags. Others across the country followed suit. The town lies between the coast and countryside, and there are many delightful footpaths to follow if you like walking. It still has some amazing old buildings, which are silent witnesses to Modbury’s past. However, if you are looking for a firm of injury solicitors in Modbury, you may be disappointed.

    Injury solicitors in Modbury

    You may be searching for a firm of injury solicitors in Modbury because you have been involved in an accident. If you suffered injuries and can prove that the accident was not your fault, you may be entitled to file a personal injury compensation claim. If the accident happened within the British Isles, you have three years in which to file a claim; however, if it occurred at sea, in the air or at an airport, you only have two years in which to make a claim, as such accidents are governed by international conventions.

    You may also be hunting for injury solicitors in Modbury if you have been diagnosed with an illness which you can prove was caused by another person’s negligence. You have three years in which to file a claim for such illnesses.

    Illnesses caused by the negligence of others

    A work-related illness or occupational disease may have been the result of negligence on the part of an employer. Employers are obliged by law to provide workers with a safe and healthy working environment. Failure to carry out their duty towards their employees is construed as negligence.

    If you have had medical treatment for food poisoning after eating at a restaurant, you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim against the owner. If food was not prepared properly or cooked at the wrong temperature, bacteria may still be present in it. Food poisoning can also be caused if you were given food that was past its use-by date.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you live in rented accommodation which is in a poor state of repair, you have asked your landlord on several occasions to do much-needed repairs and you contract an illness because of your bad living conditions (perhaps a respiratory disease because of dampness), then you may be eligible to make a claim against your landlord.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Whatever type of potential personal injury compensation claim you think you may have, call us at Accident Advice Helpline on one of our freephone numbers at any time, for expert legal advice about your claim. You can call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. For expert legal advice, why not call now?

    Date Published: 30th January 2014

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.