How to prevent a car fire – injury solicitors in Herefordshire
A car fire can be extremely dangerous for both yourself and other vehicles on the road. A car fire essentially means that you are trapped inside a burning vehicle and this will make it difficult to get out, and could even be fatal. Even if you are not in the car at the time, a burning car can explode because of the petrol tank, and this can injure people who are not even in or too close to the car. Here are some ways in which you can prevent a car fire in the first place.
- Be careful on the road. Most car fires are the direct result of an accident, so staying out of accidents is the best way to ensure that you will not have a car fire.
- Get a fire extinguisher. Having a small fire extinguisher in the car can help you to stop a car fire before it really takes hold.
- Keep your car clean. Although this may not seem like a real hazard, having a lot of clutter and rubbish in your car will just provide extra ammunition if a fire does begin.
- See a mechanic for new parts. Trying to install new parts into your car on your own without a trained professional can cause a car fire. Leave any installations to the professionals.
- Get the car checked regularly. A check up will see any cracked or damaged fuel lines, damaged tank and so on, and repair them before they cause trouble.
How to find injury solicitors in Herefordshire
If you have been the victim of a car fire which was caused by the negligence of someone else then you are within your rights to try to make a compensation claim. A compensation claim will help you to deal with the fallout from a car fire in a number of ways. It can help to compensate you for lost wages and medical bills, due to your injuries, and may also pay for some of the damage to your vehicle or personal property. From a psychological point of view you are more likely to recover quickly if you have had a successful compensation claim, as it proves to you that you are not in the wrong in the situation.
Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience in the field of personal injury compensation claims, and works with experienced and dedicated injury solicitors in Herefordshire, who will provide you with the support you need during your claim. Your injury solicitors in Herefordshire will work on a 100% no win no fee* basis to get you the compensation you deserve, and you will be kept updated on the status of your claim throughout. Your injury solicitors in Herefordshire should also work entirely on your behalf, so you shouldn’t have to face going to court. Call the helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.