Vibration White Finger is a condition that has been linked to the repetitive and overuse of vibrating and hand held equipment. This condition is also more commonly referred to as Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) to encompass the effects that the condition may have on not just the fingers, but the entire hand and arm as well.
Vibration White Finger can cause devastating symptoms which are usually irreversible once they are diagnosed, and may include:
- Severe pain in the fingers, hand and arm of the affected limb as nerves become damaged, leading to a loss of sensation altogether
- A gradual reduction in the quantity of blood flow in the affected hand as nerves and small blood vessels become damaged and ruptured
- A change in the normal colour of the fingers and thumb, starting at the tip of the finger and extending downwards over a period of time. The finger may, as the name suggests, change to red, blue and finally white as blood flow is interrupted permanently
- A loss of dexterity and fine motor function of the fingers and thumb as the condition advances
- Worsening of symptoms in cold, wet and icy weather
The causes of Vibration White Finger
Vibration White Finger has been linked to the repetitive and long term overuse of vibrating hand held equipment and tools such as:
- Pneumatic drills
- Impact wrenches
- Power drills
- Chain saws
- Impact hammers
Claiming for your injury with injury solicitors in Greenock
If you, or a colleague, have developed Vibration White Finger as the result of an industrial incident or through working with vibrating handheld tools for an extensive period of time, then you may be able to pursue a personal injury compensation claim for your work related injury. Your employer should have taken steps to prevent this happening.
Accident Advice Helpline has 15 years’ of experience of processing industrial and work related injuries such as these. In fact, they have ensured that thousands of people have claimed their legal rights to compensation, for injuries caused through no fault of their own.
Although Accident Advice Helpline do not have access to local injury solicitors in Greenock they can still represent you and your claim. This is because they are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need injury solicitors in Greenock look no further than this expert service.
Call their helpful and sensitive advisors who can assist you with information about proceeding with an injury claim over the phone. If you decide to go ahead and use their own injury solicitors, then they will ensure that your claim is processed in accordance with their key principles of:
Your long term health may be uncertain, so ensure that you claim your legal rights to compensation with the injury solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline. Go online and try their unique 30 second test for yourself. Can you pass the compensation challenge? Alternatively you can call one of the friendly advisors on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993.
Date Published: 28th December 2013
Author: David Brown