Looking for injury solicitors in Godmanchester to help with a criminal injury compensation claim?
If you have been the victim of a violent crime sometime with the last two years, and the injuries you sustained needed medical attention, you may be entitled to make a criminal injury compensation claim. Injury solicitors in Godmanchester will help you to make the claim to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA), providing you have been unsuccessful in obtaining compensation from the assailant.
There are criteria for making a criminal injury claim with injury solicitors in Godmanchester
There are several criteria you have to fit for the CICA to consider your personal injury compensation claim. These include:
- The incident should have happened within the last two years unless you were under 18 at he time when the rules alter slightly to allow you more time.
- You were the direct victim of a violent crime
- You were not to blame for the incident
- You sustained the injury while taking an exceptional and justified risk, while trying to remedy or prevent a crime
- You sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in the immediate aftermath of an incident in which a loved one is injured
- You are the qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence
- The incident should have been reported to the police
- You should have helped the police with their enquiries
- You should be a British citizen or an EU national with a right to be within the UK
If you fit somewhere within these rules, you may well be able to make a claim for compensation for the injuries you have suffered.
The things the CICA will pay for
The CICA is government funded to compensate the victims of violent crimes. The amounts awarded for your injuries are decided by parliament and covers:
- Personal injury following a single incident
- Personal injury following a period of abuse
- Loss of earnings
- Special expenses payments – to cover specific injury-related requirements which are not free of charge from any source
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency
- Funeral payments
- Probate costs
If you have been the faultless victim of a violin crime, you should call injury solicitors in Godmanchester for help with your criminal injury claim.
We can help with your criminal injury claim
Accident Advice Helpline is here to help with your criminal injury compensation claim, just like we do for all types of injuries from all types of accidents. We have a wealth of knowledge in dealings with claims and will make the whole process as trouble free as possible for you, many claims being dealt with over the phone.
Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile and speak to one of our friendly advisors. They will discuss your claim with you, give you free no-obligation advice, and start the processes, should you decide you want to proceed.
Or you can complete our 30-second test which will give you an estimation of the amount you might be awarded.