Recover from repetitive strain injury caused by work – injury solicitors in Dude
Even those who do not have a particularly physical job can be in danger of suffering injury in the workplace. For people who spend a lot of time working at a computer, it is not uncommon to suffer from repetitive strain injury, which is brought on by constantly making the same movements over a long period of time and can cause pain and swelling that makes it difficult to continue with your job. If you have sustained repetitive strain injury due to working at a computer for your job, here are some ways to recover easily, and prevent it happening again.
- Take lots of breaks. If you can take a break every 15 minutes then this is ideal, but if this is not possible then simply try to take a break as often as you can, to move around and stretch out your muscles.
- Be patient. Get other people to help you whilst you are still feeling the effects of your injury. It will take time to heal and you will have to change the way you work and do things in the meantime.
- Do stretches and exercises. There are a range of moves you can do to help yourself to heal from a repetitive strain injury, including rotating your arms and wrists, shrugging your shoulders and even arching your back.
- See a doctor. You will probably need professional help to deal with your repetitive strain injury, and you should not try to treat it yourself. See your doctor to get a formal diagnosis and then ask what can be done to help. You will get the treatment you need and will also have something to show to your employer so that they can make allowances for you.
- Speak to your employer. Let them know that you have repetitive strain injury and what you need from them, even if it is just to be more understanding for the time being.
Finding injury solicitors in Dude
If you feel that your employer has not done all they can to stop you getting repetitive strain injury, or has forced you to work even with the injury so that it has gotten worse, then you may be in a great position to claim compensation. Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience in the field of personal injury compensation claims, and works with a team of dedicated and experienced injury solicitors Dude.
You can call the helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, to speak to the team about your injury. They will help you to assess whether you have a good case for compensation or not, and if you do will pass you over to injury solicitors in Dude. Your injury solicitors in Dude will work on a 100% no win, no fee basis to get you the compensation you deserve, and will work on your behalf, so you shouldn’t even have to go to court.