Coleshill is a market town in the North Warwickshire district of Warwickshire. The Market Square is also the location of the town’s pillory and whipping post. Historically these were used to punish drunks, and bakers who sold underweight loaves.
Over the years Coleshill has changed from an exclusive residential area because of the building of industrial estates on its outskirts and the Chelmsley Wood housing estate nearby. From the central traditional High Street for miles around it is a hive of activity and a very popular place for businesses to settle.
The employers in Coleshill, just like anywhere else in the UK have a duty to their staff to ensure their health and safety while they are at work and if they fail in this duty they may have to face injury solicitors in Coleshill with a personal injury compensation claim.
Slips, trips and falls are the most common accidents at work that may mean having to use injury solicitors in Coleshill
Slips, trips and falls are the most common reported cause of injuries at work. Averaging more than 40% of all major injuries, particularly if there is a fall from height. Employers should follow the legislation relating to working at height, which includes:
- Keeping working at height to a minimum unless it is absolutely necessary
- Providing safety equipment for anyone who does have to work at height
- Ensuring that staff use the safety equipment
- Making sure there are safety rails in place
- The employer must assess the risks involved, and address any risks found
- The employer must make sure that all floors are in a good, suitable condition, and that they are free from any obstructions to enable people to move around safely
- Carry out risk assessments and act on their findings
Employees can help prevent slips, trips and falls at work
Employees need to work with their employers to prevent slips, trips and falls at work. They should:
- Report an accident, or near miss, to their employer. They can use the information to help prevent an accident happening to someone else.
- Do not do anything that would put themselves or anyone else in any danger
- Report any damaged floors or mats to their employer.
- If they see a spillage clean it up, or arrange for it to be cleaned up, as soon as possible.
- If they see an obstruction, move it, or arrange for it to be moved, as soon as possible.
- Play their part in keeping the workplace tidy
Accident Advice Helpline will help with accident at work claims
Accident Advice Helpline are the experts in dealing with accident at work claims, just like we are with all personal injury compensation claims. We have over 13 years’ experience of helping claimants from all types of accidents, with all types of injuries, get the compensation that was due to them.
You will not need any money to start you claim as we operate on a no win, no fee* basis. You can call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 to speak to a friendly and helpful advisor or you can complete the 30-second test on our website. Both will let you know if you have a valid claim and give you an estimate of the amount you might be awarded.