Injury Solicitors in Coleford
Coleford is a small market town in Gloucestershire. Iron production in Coleford dates from the Middle Ages, and this produced large quantities of waste material or cinders. Some formed prominent mounds, which by the late 17th century were being re-worked to provide iron-ore for the furnaces, which were more efficient by that time.
Gloucestershire is very popular with cyclists, as it has some perfect roads for this pursuit. However, wherever the cyclists are in the UK they are very vulnerable because of the lack of protection to their bodies. If they are involved in an accident the results can be dire, and if they survive they can sustain some very serious injuries.
If the accident was not their fault, they may want to contact injury solicitors in Coleford to make a personal injury compensation claim.
Injury solicitors in Coleford suggest some precautions
It does not have to be another vehicle that causes the accident. Potholes and bad road surfaces can easily throw a cyclist from their bike. There are some things you can do to try and reduce the risks of serious injury, such as:
- Wear a well fitting, good quality safety helmet. Make sure it is purchased from a reputable dealer as there are many fakes on the market that will give you no protection at all.
- Make sure the rules of the road are used, and know the Highway Code
- Knee and elbow protectors will help with these particular joints
- Wear good cycling shoes to try and prevent broken bones in your feet as this happens often
- Wear bright clothing, preferably high visibility so that other road users are more aware of you
- Do not ride next to other riders making it difficult for vehicles to overtake you
- If you are passing parked cars, leave enough room for the door to be opened without smashing into you
None of these tips will stop an accident, but they might help reduce the severity of any injuries, and reduce the possibility of having to use injury solicitors in Coleford to make a personal injury claim.
The injuries that might be sustained in a cycle accident
Injuries from any accident vary greatly from a few abrasions to something much more serious like brain injuries. These are just a few suggestions of the injuries than can be sustained:
- Facial injuries
- Joint damage
- Anxiety and stress
- Road rash
- Eye injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Back and spine injuries
- Head and brain injuries
We will help make a cycle injury compensation claim
Accident Advice Helpline has been helping cyclists for over 15 years. We have handled many cases of personal injury compensation for cycle riders, unfortunately some of them have been fatalities and we have helped the bereaved families.
Our advisors are friendly, professional and have compassion; they will understand what you are going through and will help you all they can. You can contact them on our freephone number, 0800 180 4123, which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
On our website there is the 30-second test. This will give you some guidance as to the amount of compensation you may be awarded.
Date Published: 6th December 2013
Author: David Brown